RICA Study Strategies

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by karypal, Jan 31, 2017.

1. karypal

karypal Rookie

Jan 31, 2017

Hello there!
    I am taking my RICA in a little more than a month and although I have taken my schools RICA course and attended a study session I feel very underprepared. I am trying to study as much as possible but find it difficult whilst busy with grad school.
    I have the Prepare for RICA book (by Zarillo) which I've begun to go through as well as watched some videos on Youtube that help prepare people. However, these two methods aren't allowing the material to "stick" in my brain. I'm a visual learner and I have thought about making flash cards that include vital vocabulary and connecting those vocab words to their specific domains but I feel that making a lot of flash cards will only distract me from the actual studying process. (I tend to get so wrapped up in making sure my flash cards are neat and that I've included everything- this takes a lot of time).
    I was wondering if anyone had a study strategy that they found helpful that wasn't just reading and highlighting & flashcards.... something more visual and kinesthetic.

Any help/advice is much appreciated!
    Thanks!

3. decamair

decamair New Member

Jan 31, 2017

4. decamair

decamair New Member

Jan 31, 2017

Try quizlet

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 31, 2017

Use the words as you study, and use them to describe things you've seen in your credential coursework or while student teaching. The more you use the words, the more you own them.