Rewards Credit Cards

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by jenngugs, Aug 4, 2008.

1. jenngugs

jenngugs Companion

Aug 4, 2008

I'm gearing up to make a few expensive wedding-related purchases, and I am looking into applying for a credit card that can earn me rewards points. I do (should?) have the money to pay off the credit card each month, but instead of just paying out of my checking account, I want to earn reward points of some kind too. I heard good things about AMEX, but don't really know which one I should apply for to get the best rewards.

Thanks!!

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 4, 2008

I don't know how much you shop at Nordstrom, but I have a Nordstrom Visa card. You get 1 point for every dollar you spend AND 2 (sometimes 3 points) for every dollar you spend at Nordstrom. After 2000 pts, you get...a $20 Nordstrom gift certificate automatically in the mail. :mellow: It's not much, but better than nothing. I'm sure there's better rewards programs going on out there, but I like it & use it.

4. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Aug 4, 2008

My Citi card visa gives me 2% on utilities, gas, and groceries, and 1% back on everything else

5. janlee

janlee Devotee

Aug 4, 2008

I use Capital One Rewards. Very happy with it. They have a variety of cards to choose from. Their website does a great job of explaining all options.