Rewards/Behavior Management System

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by Miss G, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Miss G

Miss G Rookie

Jul 9, 2012

Hi! I'm new to 4th grade and I just found out I'd be teaching this grade level. Unfortunately, I only a few weeks to prepare. I am a former first grade teacher who is looking for age-appropriate ideas on a reward system for my classroom.

Will someone please share systems you use in your classroom? I'm feeling a little lost.

3. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jul 9, 2012

I have used a variety of different things with 4th and 5th graders since I started teaching, but - by far - the most effective has been the clip chart. You can find all kinds of ideas for it on Pinterest or with a Google search. You can look at the ebook by Rick Morris here - http://www.newmanagement.com/ebooks/pdf/clip_chart_ebook.pdf to get a better idea if you're not familiar with it. I paired it with things (Stop & Think sheets, warnings, etc.) that fit my students and my management style. I also suggest searching Pinterest to find more ideas for rewards that don't cost anything - cards you can make for lunch in the classroom, opportunities to sit in a desired location during the day / a lesson, etc. My kids really loved those types of things.