Reward system

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Miss Bliss, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Miss Bliss

Miss Bliss Companion

Jul 26, 2007

I'm devising a new reward system for my 3rd graders and I need your help. Each student will receive a card with 15 squares. When a student goes above and beyond expected behavior, he/she will get a sticker to place in the square. When all 15 squares are filled with stickers, the student gets to choose a classroom privilege. Can you help me come up with some classroom privileges? I don't want to be excusing homework left and right and handing out pounds of candy. Any thoughts?

3. ShellBeWoo1970

ShellBeWoo1970 Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

Classroom messanger, floor cleaner, trash collector...although these sound more like classroom jobs but they could be privileges too. :)

4. gab

gab Comrade

Jul 26, 2007

A few teachers, 3rd & 5th grade, asks teachers, usually in the lower grades, if they need a helper who as earned a special priveledge. I usually get my previous students. They might put mail into student boxes, reads to my students, or misc. housekeeping items. They love to come back and help & enjoying seeing old friends.

5. h2omane

h2omane Comrade

Aug 7, 2007

dont excuse homework, instead excuse a homework note.

if a child does not turn in homework, they get a homework note. if they get 4 notes, it's 1 weeks pass into the homework club. (lunch recess or after school for 30 minutes)

it's kinda the same as excusing homework, but when life happens, a homework note free pass comes in handy...

Mr. Skinner :D

6. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Aug 8, 2007

HOw about extra compter time (maybe during SSR or something like that)

7. LvMyFourthGrade

LvMyFourthGrade Rookie

Aug 8, 2007

Rewards

Here are some of the rewards I use.

Moon chair pass. I let them use a moon chair instead of their regular chair for the day.

Juice box pass. I keep a fridge stocked with juice.

Gum pass. They supply the gum they just get to chew it in class.

Snack pass. They also supply this.

I also do a RUGRAT for a DAY! They are excused from all assignments for the day. They still have to participate in lesson activities but have no written work. I got this idea from a professor when I was in college. They have to earn thirty stickers to get it. They work really hard for it. I usually have about half the class that gets it.

I hope this helps! Good Luck and have a great year!:rolleyes: