Reviewing for tests?

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by TMH2004, Sep 16, 2007.

1. TMH2004

TMH2004 Rookie

Sep 16, 2007

I am student teaching now and we just finished our first unit in social studies. I wanted to review with them somehow, like with a game or have them make something, but I don't know what. How do ya'll review for tests for 2nd graders? :help:

3. rapper_teacher

rapper_teacher Rookie

Sep 18, 2007

In my Sunday school class with my 1st and 2nd graders I review by writing key things on the board. Like for example if were studying the a bible story like "david and goliath" or something like that i would take every key and memorable things and words from the story and write it on the board. like DAVID, GOLIATH, ROCK, GIANT, SMALL, SLING SHOT, BRAVE, HEART, GOD, FAITH, things like that then have the class right it down. I then ask students indivually what they know about each word or what part of the story has the word. They would all give me answers, some wrong ans some rightt hen at the end i would read the whole story and they would remeber and know whwere all the key words come from which helps them understand the story better and they learn from that review and do good on the test's.

4. twincheryl

twincheryl Rookie

Sep 18, 2007

TMH2004... we don't take Social Studies or Science tests at our school... we do mostly observational assessments since our report card has only effort grades for those subjects...at least in 1st and 2nd grades... when I taught 3rd grade we played some team type games where each team was given a question and they had to answer it... then we switched to the other team, etc.... otherwise a study sheet that you could send home might help...