Reviewing Concepts

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by teach1st, Apr 6, 2008.

1. teach1st

teach1st Comrade

Apr 6, 2008

Does anyone have any ideas to review math concepts for Standardized Testing?:help:

3. MMRbella

MMRbella Companion

Apr 6, 2008

Which Standardized Test will you be giving?

We give the TerraNova Basic Battery. Mari Inc.'s "Test Best" workbook for 1st grade is great for TN prep. It's directions, format, and content is very much like the actual test. http://www.mariinc.com/testterra.html

As for standardized testing in general, Spectrum Test Prep books are great as well... there's a whole line of them covering different areas. I bought mine from Amazon.

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Apr 6, 2008

I make flashcards as a powerpoint to show my class. I am in kindergarten, so the last one was numbers 1-20. Some pages were the numbers and others they had to count the objects. I pull their names from popsicle sticks and have them answer with the correct number. I also use lots of games for review. I have a few books from Scholastic that are great for this, one is Toss and Learn Math and the other is Move and Learn Math. To review addition let them roll two dice and add them up or use double dice - http://www.teachersparadise.com/c/product_info.php/products_id/29348 For money, give them each a coin or a few coins and have them find the total, then have them make two lines, face each other and find the total with the person across from them. After a few minutes, have one line move up and the first person goes to the end and repeat the process.

5. cb4pebbles

cb4pebbles Companion

Apr 7, 2008

6. teach1st

teach1st Comrade

Apr 13, 2008

We will be using the Stanford 10 for our test.