Returning to Teaching - Interviews

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Miss Snix, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Jun 3, 2017

I am in Australia. I have a Bachelor of Education (early childhood) and a Masters of Special Education. I taught short term contracts and relief/substitute for about 5 years. For the past 6 years I have been a stay at home mother (have kept my registration active "just incase"), but my daughter is now in Prep and I have applied for a couple of jobs. I have 2 interviews coming up this week and am very nervous!

The first interview is Monday at a private school in a town 40 mins away in their Distance Education, not sure if it is on-campus or remote. And is full time permanent.

The second interview is Thursday at my daughters private school at the P-6 art teacher. It is also full time but only contracted to end of year (december) to cover maternity leave.

I was never great at interviews, I get horrible anxiety, and am stressing as I have not taught in so long...so much has changed I am sure.

Any advice would be much appreciated :) Tia!!

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 3, 2017

I've always done pretty well on interviews. Ever since trying out for my very first job at 18, I always viewed them as good practice for future interviews. No real advice though. I know everyone always says to just be yourself, but that can be easily said than done for some people.

I'd personally love to have the FT, permanent job that's hopefully remote! Working from home to me is a dream. Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017