Retiring soon?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by nstructor, Dec 4, 2016.

1. nstructor

nstructor Cohort

Dec 4, 2016

If you're thinking about retiring in the near future, what are your plans after retirement?

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Dec 5, 2016

The first thing I plan to do is to train my body to wake up later than 4:30 am!:p

There are volunteer opportunities that I would like to take advantage of, like Meals on Wheels, and a local tutoring organization.

I also plan to spend lots of time at the theme parks. I live in central Fl.

nstructor likes this.
  4. Tyler B.

Tyler B. Groupie

Dec 5, 2016

I plan on accompanying my spouse on the trips she plans and getting a part-time job at a local university training student teachers. I also want to write a series of thriller novels and hit the gym daily. No excuses for being out of shape.

nstructor likes this.
  5. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Dec 5, 2016

I've just decided to retire in 18 months. We're going to move closer to our kids, have a house built in an active adult community, and enjoy life!

nstructor likes this.
  6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 6, 2016

I think the adult community is a great idea for retired people. Most have group activities or just get togethers. I know several retired women and they are always bored and never can find anything to do (except go out to eat and they have gained a lot of weight since retiring). One woman has signed up for a senior program through our local college and they go on lots of trips. I would love to do that (when I retire in...30 years LOL).