Retirement!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by KLSSwimmer, May 10, 2010.

1. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

May 10, 2010

My mother is a teacher at my school - this is my first year at this school. Mom is retiring this year (she is so excited). Anyway, I, along with her three teammates, have been asked to make a presentation to her at our faculty luncheon the last day of school. We want it to be happy/funny. Anyone have any funny ideas? We already have a gift, so that isn't the problem, but we need a song/skit/something funny to do.

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 10, 2010

Maybe come up with a song or skit about the differences in education she's seen through the years or the different kinds of kids she had in her classroom. Congrats to your mom!

4. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

May 10, 2010

Write a poem to the format of "Twas the Night Before Christmas" or some other familiar poem and use her name and events in it.

5. pontiac8411

pontiac8411 Rookie

May 10, 2010

Maybe a little play with each piece representing a story from her favorite/most important years or her most vivid memories. I know she has probably shared them with you a million times! I know I am always telling my family the funny things the kids did/said/ etc.

6. tgim

tgim Habitué

May 10, 2010

I have had fun getting students to write advice to the retiring teachers...younger ones need a format, so I have had them start with "Always...." or "Never...." Bind them together and present them by reading a few of the funniest ones.

I also really like the "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" (or retirement) idea...

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 10, 2010

Don't have any ideas, but congrats to your mom. My mom's not a teacher, but we both work for the same district & she just retired.