Resume Question

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Teacher2Be2007, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Teacher2Be2007

Teacher2Be2007 Companion

Sep 9, 2007

Do you add student teaching to your resume? If so, how do you do it? What I mean is, what types of things do you list under student teaching? I have 2 interviews this week and would like to bring my formal resume to them (since all they have are electronic versions)... :help:

3. Malcolm

Malcolm Enthusiast

Sep 9, 2007

Yes, list your student teaching experience: what you taught, what grade level, where, when, how long, and anything that might help you sell yourself such as teaching low performing kids or English language learners. If you sub during your student teaching, list that. If you have an internship (or whatever they call the equivalent in AZ), list that.

4. mstemple05

mstemple05 Cohort

Sep 9, 2007

question,

what's a good objective when you've taught spanish for the past 2 years, that's what your degree is in, but you may have to possibly teach another subject-and you want to get into elementary education?

i know it would be hard to try and fit all of that into one objective, but i was looking for a way to try and incorporate my spanish teaching but also say that i'm able and willing to teach another subject-well english (if it was hs/ms and all the subjects if it were elem.)

5. Teacher2Be2007

Teacher2Be2007 Companion

Sep 9, 2007

I'm only 5 weeks into my student teaching so should I just list the subjects I've managed to take over so far? No subbing allowed during student teaching and no internships either. Guess this isn't going to look all that swift on my resume huh? :huh:

6. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Sep 21, 2007

I think its best to be short and sweet. On all job applications, there is space for student teaching. so I say, don't bother to put it on your resume.

JMO

7. Teacher2Be2007

Teacher2Be2007 Companion

Sep 21, 2007

It didn't matter. They didn't ask for a copy of it. :) I got the job so it worked out just fine. ;)

8. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Sep 22, 2007

yeah! another satisfied customer!! congratulations!!!

oh...everytime someone gets a job...they must email every one who posted to their thread a coupon for donuts, or ice cream..

or whatever free food you can find!

:lol: