Resources for FCAT review?

Discussion in 'Third Grade' started by pamms, Feb 20, 2010.

1. pamms

pamms Comrade

Feb 20, 2010

This is my first year teaching 3rd grade and FCAT is coming in just 2 weeks. I've been trying to do searches on the web for good review resources for FCAT math and reading. I'd love a list of vocab (math and/or reading) that would really be helpful and not just more overload. We have been working on practices tests, going back, finding the answer in the text, etc in reading.
    Any favorite FCAT review sources? Any advice on what lessons I should be SURE to fit in before FCAT?

Thanks!

3. Irissa

Irissa Cohort

Feb 20, 2010

I like to use the old FCAT tests themselves. There is a 3rd grade one out there on the DOE site somewhere. Haven't been on in a while since I am home with the kids atm. I did a practice run but I told them that whenever they had a question THIS time to raise their hand for help. That way I could see what they still needed work on and help them think of ways to solve it on their own when the test came.

I taught my kids to BOX IN paragraphs, then number them as a way to help them with the reading.

On a slightly different note I use to use little sayings every morning of the test that coincided with a piece of candy. IE "You're no (dum-dum)! You will ace the test!" instead of the word Dum-dum I'd put the candy. The kids loved to come in and figure out what the saying would be. I also asked the parents to send in a sealed message for the kids encouraging them, and asked other grade levels to write my kids encouraging notes.

Are you still at FIE?