Resign? Really need advice and support...

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by hummingbirds49, Mar 5, 2016.

1. hummingbirds49

hummingbirds49 New Member

Mar 5, 2016

Is there life after resignation? Will I be able to find another job, even if I don't have a letter of reference from the current administration? I feel in my gut this is the best move, for myself and my family and well-being, although I feel guilty and worried without having another job lined up....

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  3. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Mar 5, 2016

Why do you think your admin will not give you a good recommendation?

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 5, 2016

There should be no reason why you wouldn't get a letter of rec based on your post...let your admin know the commute is too mch for you, thank them for the experience and do what you can for yor students to finish the year. Good luck!

5. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Mar 6, 2016

We have to sign a letter of intent that states if we will return or not. I would just write a simple letter and take it personally to the principal. I would explain that the drive is hard and I felt that I needed to relocate. Just be positive and keep a positive attitude.

6. hardworkingspecedteacher

hardworkingspecedteacher New Member

Aug 20, 2016

I am in the same boat. I was with my district for 14 years and the last 2 were hell. It is a little district with no opportunity to go elsewhere. Also, too much drama and nepotism. I was physically and mentally sick so I decided to leave. I never thought a teacher could be pushed out or bullied, but this is what happened to me. I guess it depends on how old we are, what we teach. But I know for me, I couldn't take the stress. No job is worth the stress or in my case, how they lowered my self-worth as a teacher. My union rep. said it wasn't good to quit unless you have another job, but I knew I couldn't go to work this year and give in my all. Hang in there. Hopefully, we will both be better off and someone new will appreciate us!

Linguist92021 likes this.