Researching Budgets! Open to Help?

Discussion in 'Art Teachers' started by afrey92, Oct 29, 2014.

1. afrey92

afrey92 New Member

Oct 29, 2014

Hi everyone,
    I am a senior Art Education student at the University of Florida. I’m posting in regards to a professional development plan paper that needs a bit of research. For my paper, I aim to find out how much money art teachers receive as a budget for their school year. On top of that, I hope to gather some resources to that could potentially help in raising money for our art classrooms.

So! If anyone wouldn’t mind sharing the amount of money that they’ve received for their school year and possibly a general location that you are in – I’d greatly appreciate it! Specific names and locations are not necessary (unless you feel comfortable sharing).

This information will be really helpful to my entire class, thank you all so much for taking the time to read this! :)

3. Securis

Securis Cohort

Nov 2, 2014

My first year, I was given $400 for an entire year but found out shortly after my PO was approved that we were only supposed to get $150. I think my next three years hovered at about $170. That was in a little delta town in MS. My second position at a different school in a different part of MS, they wouldn't give me a number so I would submit my PO as a sort of wish list at about $500 per year with a few follow up POs later in the year. I didn't always get what I wanted but mostly I did. I also learned to get quotes from the companies from which I ordered and that usually brought the prices down anywhere from 20% to 50% depending on the item. I got good a stretching my mystery dollars.