Reposting position?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by scienceteach82, Mar 17, 2008.

1. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Mar 17, 2008

Hey everyone. After I interviewed for my dream job and got turned down...I'm having doubts about the other job I interviewed for. The day before the interview I saw that the school posted the listing again for the position I wanted. I went the next day after confirming my interview. A few days later the posting was up again...and now I see it on another website. They said they would let me know by April. With all of this, I am thinking they aren't sure about the candidates they currently have. I sent a thank you email. Should I send a letter by mail to remind them about me? I interviewed on the 12th...which wasn't too long ago. Should I wait? blah...
    thanks for reading
    :confused:

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 17, 2008

It could be that the person they chose for the job didn't accept their offer, or the board did not go with the recommendation of the principal. There could be any number of reasons. Don't let this get you down!

4. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Mar 17, 2008

So the posting you are seeing again is for the dream job or a different one?

5. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Mar 17, 2008

The reposting is for the one I just interviewed for last week. They haven't told me I didn't get the job....I hear in April. Sorry for not being clear.

6. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 17, 2008

It could be that they are required to keep the job listed for X number of days or interview a certain number of candidates. If the interview went well you might be able to contact the principal and let them know that you saw the posting and just wanted to make sure you were still being considered.

7. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Mar 17, 2008

Would it not seem weird to contact so soon? I don't want to mess up my chances if I still have one :(

8. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Mar 17, 2008

The posting may have coem down by error. The posting may not have been correct. The poster and interview are probably not the same people so things can get messed up. I know last year I knew for certain a job was filled because my fried got it, yet the job stayed on the website for a couple more weeks.

I would leave it with the Thank You note for now.

9. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Mar 20, 2008

I sent an email thank you and a different thank you card to the headmaster, head of the sci. dept, the teacher who's class I taught in, and also the actual class. Cover all your bases. Keep in contact through email as much as possible--- at least once a week. And if all of that fails, CALL THE SCHOOL about the position.

10. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Mar 20, 2008

I contacted them via email and through snail mail a few times right after each interview. Keep in contact with them and put in little details about yourself each time--- give them more and more reasons to love you! Plus it shows them that you're interested and want to get to know them more as well. That's a great way to start wonderful professional relationships with those you might potential work with every day.

11. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Mar 21, 2008

Thank you :) I am still waiting, with fingers/toes crossed! lol

12. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 21, 2008

In my district if they want you they let you know fairly quickly- the ones who interviewed who aren't first choice are kind of left handging in limbo until the 'chosen' candidate gets approved by the board, accepts the job, etc... if for some reason the first choice candidate isn't chosen we may go back to those in 'limbo' or re-open the search...Could be that's what happened here. I'd keep interviewing at as many places as you can...don't put all your hopes on this one job.

13. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Mar 21, 2008

This is 1 of 3 interviews I was granted. I didn't get the first job offer. This one should let me know fairly soon, and my next interview for the last job is on Tuesday.

14. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Mar 21, 2008

This is the same way my district operates. I think it really stinks because most candiadates learn they didn't get the job from our town newspapers reporting on the school board meetings as to who was hired. :(

I agree - keep interviewing and keep in touch with this school.