Report Card Woes

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by pvt-1, Aug 17, 2004.

1. pvt-1

pvt-1 New Member

Aug 17, 2004

Help! I taught K for 4 years this year I am teaching a "Transition 1st". I am responsisble for developing my own report card. I am looking for examples to do this. If you also teach a Pre 1st class or have one in your school please let me know, your help would be greatly appreciated.

3. Mr. John

Mr. John Rookie

Aug 21, 2004

I hate it when someone asks for help and it goes unanswered.

This is the best I could find for you, adapt it as needed, hope it helps.
    http://www.fwps.org/cur/reportcard/1/

It looks quite comprehensive, I am sure the parents will love (or Hate it).

4. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 21, 2004

I don't have a report card example, but if you post your curriculum/goals, maybe we can help you develop something. :)

5. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Aug 21, 2004

Mr. John has a great example for you. I taught for Federal Way two years ago and absolutely love their report card. You know exactly what you need to teach and can give parents and individual report on each requirement. I even set up my grade book based on this report card. I think the most important thing is to have a section for each area graded instead of averaging them all together. Parents then know what area their child is struggling in and what they are succeeding in. I only wish that I continued to have this type of report card! The report card takes time to fill out, however, it saves a lot of time when parents are curious about what areas their child is having difficulty in.

6. AndreaIL

AndreaIL Rookie

Aug 21, 2004

Just curious.....

What is the difference between a kindergarten and a "pre-first" class? I'm a secondary teacher, so a lot of this stuff is completely foreign to me.

7. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 21, 2004

Pre-first is generally seen as a class for kids who don't really need to repeat kindergarten, but aren't quite ready for first grade... I know there was one in my grade school that essentially first semester covered reviews of kindergarten and second semester began first grade skills.

8. pvt-1

pvt-1 New Member

Aug 21, 2004

Oh wow, that is perfect. Thank you, I was staring to get discouraged and was terrified of coming up with one on my own. Unfortunatley I am the only teacher in my county that teaches "T-1" (Transition First). Also there are really no defined standards for the class. That is one thing I miss about Kindergarten. Thank you for your help and I will be glad to share the wealth sometime!!

9. christi42003

christi42003 Guest

Sep 21, 2004

I need a Kindergarten report card.

I teach Kindergarten and have for several years. I had been teaching 4th the last couple of years. I am now back in Kindergarten at a new school. I am however looking for a Kindergarten report card. The one they used here previously is not very good. Can you help? Email at christi42003@yahoo.com