Renewing my teaching license

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Miss J. Pre-K, Dec 14, 2008.

  1. Miss J. Pre-K

    Miss J. Pre-K Comrade

    Aug 10, 2008
    Likes Received:

    Dec 14, 2008

    I'm the only person at my preschool center with a teaching license. I'm trying for a public school job next year, but next semester, I would like to take a course at a community college that will count towards renewing my license. Does anybody know how to go about getting a course approved for renewal credit if you're not in a public school? Also, what kinds of courses have you taken that have really helped you improve as a teacher?

    I'm almost finished with my masters in early childhood, so I do not want to take any child development stuff (I could probably teach that at this point, lol). I'm thinking either intro to Spanish so I can talk with ESL parents and kids or something on guidance/discipline or technology in the classroom.
  3. tracykaliski

    tracykaliski Connoisseur

    Jul 16, 2008
    Likes Received:

    Dec 14, 2008

    I think it depends upon your state. Here in Ohio we have Local Professional Development Committees at each school and if you're not in a state chartered school, you have to take 2 graduate level classes for recertification. Doesn't really matter what they're in as long as they're related to education. I would check with your state's department of education, teacher certification department.

Share This Page

Members Online Now

  1. alentaught,
  2. Luther Whitney,
  3. Sarge,
  4. YoungTeacherGuy,
  5. waterfall,
  6. rpan
Total: 365 (members: 7, guests: 340, robots: 18)