Reminder to Alwys Try Price Matching!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 22, 2010

Reminder to Always Try Price Matching!

I'm a very happy camper! :D I've nev really thought about doing price matching, but I'm going to remember to do it from now on. Recently, I got some sandals & sunglasses at MUCH lower prices because Nordstrom was able to honor the lower price I found elsewhere.

I had to get a webcam & also got a wireless keyboard. If anyone needs a great keyboard, I went to all the ofc supply strs & Best Buy. I got the Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave keyboard (w/ wireless mouse) that's $79.99 at all the strs, but Ofc Depot had it on sale for $29.99. But they didn't hv any more in stock (no surprise there), but Best Buy was able to ring it up for $29.99 once I had them verify w/ Ofc Depot.

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 22, 2010

I know a lot of places use price-matching as part of their advertising, but plenty of other places will do it, too.

Last summer I was shopping with a friend. She was looking at children's shoes at JC Penney. They had the shoes that her son wanted, but they cost more than they had at Macy's. (They hadn't had his size there.) My friend mentioned that they'd cost less at Macy's, and the JC Penney employee let her have them for the Macy's sale price.

4. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 23, 2010

You should have tried staples- they have a good price matching policy too =)

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 23, 2010

Oh I went there too. They didn't have the item. As long as I got it for 29.99 somewhere. :)

BTW, my wireless keyboard is hooked up & I love it!