Relocation question

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by newbie87, Jul 3, 2010.

1. newbie87

newbie87 Comrade

Jul 3, 2010

\

3. jwteacher

jwteacher Cohort

Jul 3, 2010

The same as within your state. Submit online applications to districts that use a proprietary system. There are some districts who don't have their own system but select their candidates from a nationwide pool at usreap.net. Definitely make sure you fill out an application there. Those that don't accept online applications? Mail hard copies of your information.

Before you spend a lot of valuable time and money submitting applications to other states, make sure you contact the department of education for each state to know the requirements for certification. Some states you'll have to jump through hoops, others you won't.

4. newbie87

newbie87 Comrade

Jul 3, 2010

5. youmanj

youmanj Rookie

Jul 3, 2010

I spent 400 bucks to get certified in TX just to get an interview...but I'm sure it will help

Districts like to see that you are going out of your way to try and relocate, and from what I hear, they look highly upon you for it.

6. newbie87

newbie87 Comrade

Jul 3, 2010

:lol:

7. youmanj

youmanj Rookie

Jul 3, 2010

I finished my ST in April, went to the job fair that same month and met an Assistant Principal from the district. I got an email back from HR saying that the AP really enjoyed meeting me and wanted to know if I could start submitting all the applications and stuff. I currently hold a Michigan teaching certificate, and although Texas does offer reciprosity for that certificate, I still had to apply for their 1 year out of state certificate. I think that no matter where you go, IMO your going to have to pay some type of fees, just to get certified in that state.

I'm hoping because I've done all the things they've asked me to do and paid the fees, that I've got a leg up on anyone else, that just may be me though.

8. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 3, 2010

I think most of the time the state will give you up to a year to get your certification in their state (as long as you have certification in another state). However, they would be more likely to hire someone who already has the certification. But you never know-if they have a lot of openings you could get hired.

9. newbie87

newbie87 Comrade

Jul 3, 2010

:dizzy::D:D:D:D:D:D:)

10. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Jul 3, 2010

This is most definitely true.
    The way I was able to relocate was to attend a teacher job fair.