RELEASED!!!

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by Debbie M, Mar 14, 2008.

1. beebee

beebee Rookie

Apr 15, 2008

I'm glad it's not considered a dismissal because it could affect your future employment. It doesn't seem right that they won't give you a reason. Have you applied to many other schools?

2. Debbie M

Debbie M Rookie

Apr 19, 2008

I will have my Masters on May 16th, and my Level II will be finished in May also along with BTSA. The weird thing is that my job was posted today and I am wondering if I should even apply for it, hmmmmmmm.
    Debbie

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 24, 2008

Debbie, have you decided to apply for it?

I'm switching gears & going back to school to get my 2nd Masters in the speech apthology field.

4. Debbie M

Debbie M Rookie

Apr 24, 2008

Yes,
    Good for you....good luck!!
    I have letters of rec from eveyone I work with, including the principals and all my parents. I will do this for the kids. But I am applying to other schools too, you just never know, I may find a BETTER job!! I'll keep you posted.
    Debbie M.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 25, 2008

Thanks & good luck to you as well!

6. beebee

beebee Rookie

Apr 30, 2008

Good luck with everything. I know someone who went through a similar situation. What are you supposed to say to future employers?

She told us it wasn't considered a dismissal, but "non-reelection", which is different. I'm not sure how she handled it when she was interviewing, but she landed a great job. How are you handling this?

7. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

May 1, 2008

stay on him Peachy! It is not fair. I have been trying to gather employment letters, and it's like pulling teeth. They already ruined your life, what else can they do to you! I say stick to it, or go thru personnel/hr instead. You might be better off, and get a nicer letter!

what the heck is 'released'..... I mean, that sounds like something you do to a prisoner...or wild animals! Either you are discharged, terminated, laid off due to lack of work, or you quit...I think that sucks! I know CA is an 'at will' state and they can fire you at any time for no reason if you don't make probation. that is why probation is so long!

sorry this has happend... :(

8. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

May 1, 2008

it is wrong Debbie...

I am sorry. You may never know the answer! Sucks big time. I wish I could say something positive...but as you can see...this is one of those vents I can stay in forever!!!!!!!

9. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

May 1, 2008

speech apathy??? :p I think I suffer from that sometimes...

10. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

May 1, 2008

see, I can find some light in this dark tunnel....

11. Debbie M

Debbie M Rookie

May 1, 2008

Yes, I have decided to apply for my job....as insane as that sounds!! I have 24 letters of recommendation, all of my administrators wrote one for me, plus my parents. I am going to submit all these letters with my application and basically dare them to not interview me, then I will hire a lawyer!!
    In a town relatively close to me nine teachers were given this non-reelect letter, they hired a lawyer, raised a stink and got the board to rescind the non-reelect letter. So, I called my union president this morning and told him we need to meet. My deadline for applying is tomorrow. The way I am going at this is, I want this mark off my personnel file...........I am a GREAT fit for this district.
    Looking forward to hearing from all of you!!
    This has been quite a ride!!
    Debbie M.

12. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 1, 2008

Wishing you the best of luck, Debbie!

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 2, 2008

Debbie, I hope it all works out! I cannot believe all the trouble some teachers have to go through just to keep their jobs! It's a shame! And then, if you do move to another district, who's to say it won't happen there too! Unbelievable!

14. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

May 2, 2008

good luck!

15. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

May 2, 2008

I see the logic of what you are doing & good for you!!! I don't blame you & wish you the best! Let us know how it unfolds.

16. Debbie M

Debbie M Rookie

May 21, 2008

Well, here's how "it" unfolded!!
    I was interviewd, and not rehired. The school hired a teacher by the name of Kelly, this is her first teaching job.........I was bummed for awhile but I just keep sending out my app's. My department chair and the speech and language person both who were on the interview team will not look at me in the halls. Then, my department called a meeting and didn't tell me it was happening. What a bunch of rats. I needed to see this so I could move on emotionally from here. It hurts like heck but it will make me much stronger. Thank you all for all of your advice/help, I will stay in touch with this forum.

Debbie M

17. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

May 21, 2008

One day, we will look back and remember what we learned from this. I know it hurts...and it really hurts that people can't look you in the face when they know they had a part in your demise.

A setback is just one step away from a step up...

hang in there Deb..

18. Debbie M

Debbie M Rookie

May 22, 2008

I am hanging in there, I have come to find out, that they hired a first year teacher with no experience. I am writing a letter to every board memeber and the superintendent and the head of the RSP Department, this is just wrong.
    \How can one teacher cause another to lose their job? I am really close to filing charges against this teacher for harassment. I have dates and things she's done to me, like screaming at me in front of my class.
    Or maybe I shouldjust go without a word?

Debbie M

19. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

May 22, 2008

That's a tough call. You're going to have to weigh in on how it may affect your career in the long run. Ask yourself is it worth it to take it to the next level?

20. Debbie M

Debbie M Rookie

May 22, 2008

Noooooo, this is so not worth ruing my reoutation......I am better tahn that. Thanks for writing back, this is sooooooo hurtful.
    Debbie M

21. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

May 22, 2008

I'm sorry Debbie. Just take it as a learning experience & move on. Better things are waiting for you out there so go on and get started!! :)

22. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

May 22, 2008

I am also really sorry that they are treating you this way Debbie!!:hugs: Hang in there!

23. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

May 22, 2008

Yeah, sometimes...it's best to write a long letter, and vent...or come here and tell us! :p

You must ask yourself, "Will this make a difference? Will this hurt me or help in the long run?"

I sued a few places, but felt I had a legal reason...and knew I wouldn't be going back...and it could not hurt me in future positions. It was worth it, an extra check and the feeling of pride and self-worth...that you can't treat me any ol' kinda of way..and think I won't do anything!

But in other cases, I knew I didn't have a leg to stand on, (my word against theirs) so I suffered my losses and left quietly. Some places were very cordial, and gave me references...and I was glad I didn't explode!

I always remember...

Don't burn your bridges until you cross them.

24. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

May 23, 2008

:D, love that!