Relay race idea for Catholic Schools Week

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by hpatty55, Jan 23, 2010.

1. hpatty55

hpatty55 Rookie

Jan 23, 2010

Hi all-
    I was wondering if any one had any suggestions for a relay race. We will be doing them during CSW and the theme is Dividends for Life. We are already planning on upwrapping coin shaped gum with work gloves on. I would like to have something to go along with the themem but would appreciate any fun ideas. Thanks so much!!

3. kidsandpups

kidsandpups Companion

Jan 24, 2010

I don't have any relay race ideas but was wondering if your school celebrates CSW like mine does. We do sooo many activities it is basically a lost week. Every day is full of things like bingo, movies, career day, pep rallies, etc.

4. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jan 24, 2010

Cotton balls on spoons
    Make a Basket in 5 (five tries to make a basket before the next person goes)
    Dress in adult sized work clothes (you could have two or three different outfit for each team. I'm thinking a suit and tie, doctor's scrubs with stethascope or something, etc.)
    Would it be inappropriate to have some sort of relay that involves things related to the sacraments? No idea how that would look, but it could tie in. Talk to your pastor about this.

5. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jan 24, 2010

Same here kidsandpups. I hate this week because we have to turn in mid-quarter grades and I have very little to offer. The grades are all so squewed.

6. hpatty55

hpatty55 Rookie

Jan 24, 2010

Of course there is not as much instruction time but the whole week isn't lost. Monday is teacher appreciatioin day...so we only teach in the morning and parent volunteers take over in the afternoon, usually they just watch movies but this year the parents are going to do activities like a religion bee and such. The rest of the week we only have activities that take up about an hour of the day- so it is not too bad.

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jan 24, 2010

Shoe race - everyone puts shoes (could do just one) in a pile and each child races down to put on shoes and lace them, then runs back to tag next child.

Balloon pop - kids race down to sit on a balloon placed on a chair, then run back.

Amoeba race - kids in groups of about 8 link arms and have to race down a track without separating. If they do, they start again.