Relationships

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by dizzykates, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jan 13, 2006

i wish it was that easy. he has pictures worth backmail material. if you get my drift. i honestly don't know what's holding me back. my advisor at college said that they could never ruin or hinder my career at all. so i could kick him to the curb...i guess.

2. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jan 13, 2006

Don't think twice.

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jan 14, 2006

Perfect and when he calls don't answer or tell your parents to tell him you are unavailable to talk. If he comes over tell him to leave.

4. Teaching Grace

Jan 14, 2006

lol! he actually told me today he was afraid of me because i kpt getting mad at him. whatever, i don't know exactly what to do now.

5. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jan 14, 2006

I do leave him and don't look back. Sounds like he enjoys playing mind games with you. Your only 20 plenty of time to find the perfect man!

6. Teaching Grace

Jan 14, 2006

thanks jamie!

7. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jan 14, 2006

Believe me when I was 20 I thought I would never find the perfect man. Well then at 21 I met my ex. I thought he was perfect. Well at 24 I left him. I found out he had been cheating on me. And he wasn't all that nice either. I ended up being only 98 pounds when I moved back to my mom's house. About two weeks later I turned 25 and on my birthday I met my bf now. We are still together. He isn't perfect but his imperfections I can deal with. And he treats me like gold.
    Oh and I'm now 125. Which is perfect for my build.

8. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Jan 14, 2006

In any realtionship everyone beings to create a mental pro/con list ..if the con list outways the pro then you know what you have to do......Only you can get yourslef out ..if YOU think that the relationsip needs to end ...but remeber it dosent get better ..mine still calls me ....last night he texted/ called me three times ..uhhhhh

9. stephanie90102

stephanie90102 Rookie

Jan 14, 2006

teaching-n-2, your story makes me sad. stand up for yourself, girl! you deserve it!

10. Teaching Grace

Jan 14, 2006

thanks ya'll. believe me i'm red up. i just haven't got the guts to end it yet. but i want to be able to do what i want, go where i want, and wear what i want. he keeps saying he's about to give up on me. i can't wait till he does. because if he's the one to break it off, he won't come back. if i break it off, he'll talk me into staying just like he always does.

11. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Jan 14, 2006

I have always been so independent that my parents often wondered if I would ever find anyone...I would DARE someone to tell me what to do. My husband doesn't even give me orders like that.

You don;t have a boyfriend you have control freak. If you break up with him he'll see that you have a mind of your own and he can't control you anymore. have your parents there if you need some support! And just do if fast-no explaination!

12. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Jan 14, 2006

I just reread my post and I don't mean to say you don't have a mind of your own---sorry it sounded that way. I meant when guys like that try to control someone they THINK you won't make your own decisions. I know you have your own mind. Again sorry if it sounded that way :(

13. Teaching Grace

Jan 15, 2006

That's alright. It's no big deal. I didn't take it the wrong way. I'm pretty much doing what i want now and when he finds out he'll break up with me. Or if i keep on getting more and more distant. I don't want to have a confrontation. you know? i'm tired of it.

14. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jan 15, 2006

As I said before ignore him. LOL.

15. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jan 15, 2006

I agree with what everyone has said...this guy isn't worth your time. You need to be concentrating on YOU, your students, and your career. You have your whole life to worry about being with a guy...you need time to worry about YOU. Trust me, a bad fight with someone can affect you in your classroom easily...but a horrible relationship like this will bring you down so much and you will not be able to do your best. You don't deserve that...you sound like such a nice girl...good luck!!

16. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jan 15, 2006

As for the online dating thing...I've dated two guys I met online. One guy wound up being kinda creepy and we weren't together long at all. The other guy actually went to my college and we were together for a few months senior year. He was a great guy, but he majorly screwed up and I broke it off right then and there. We still talk and he always tells me he wishes he hadn't done that because I was a great girl...lol.

I actually met my boyfriend by volunteering at a hospital. He worked as a security officer. A guy that worked for the child abuse/neglect shelter I volunteered for gave Duane my number and he called that night and we've been together ever since (for over 2 1/2 years!). We have our problems, but things are really great overall and I can't wait to marry him someday:):)

17. becky

becky Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2006

You know, one day in high school there was a big to-do in the English wing. Come to find out the boyfriend of a new English teacher had come into the school, went to her room, and told her- in front of an entire class- that he was leaving her.

This was around 1982-83, so that's how he was able to just walk in.