Rejection....Kind of?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by txteach2b, May 20, 2009.

1. txteach2b

txteach2b Comrade

May 20, 2009

So, I got tired of waiting for a response from the P after the interview. She said she'd contact by the end of last week. It came and went....no answer. Monday.....same thing. Yesterday, I emailed the P something like this:

Have the teaching positions been filled? I was told I'd be contacted by the end of last week, and I still haven't heard anything. I'm anxious to know the results.

Her response:

We are in the process of mailing out letters. Yes, we have filled most of the positions. Thank you for applying.

I feel that that was kind of a rejection. Or is it? Part of me thinks maybe, just MAYBE I got the job. Since the interview, most of me has been thinking that I blew my chances there, and I should be sending out more applications. I've been kicking myself ever since.

I just need some peace of mind!!

3. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 20, 2009

I think that if you were going to be hired, you would have known by now and the principal would have sent you a totally different response.

4. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

May 20, 2009

:hugs: I agree with Emma.

5. AFWifeinUtah

AFWifeinUtah Comrade

May 20, 2009

I'm sorry. I think if you were hired, they would have contacted you and you will insteady soon get a rejection letter in the mail. I'm sorry this didn't work out. Apply to some more.

6. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

May 20, 2009

IMO - you should be sending out resumes and applications until the day you sign a contract.

Keep looking and good luck

7. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 20, 2009

I'm sorry, but keep applying and job searching until you find something. Good luck!

8. ~mrs.m~

~mrs.m~ Comrade

May 20, 2009

They are so thoughtless in how they treat applicants.

9. txteach2b

txteach2b Comrade

May 20, 2009

Yeah....Someone told me that if they've hired a lot of people, she may not remember the names of those hired. Maybe, maybe not. However, I'm totally prepared to search through the summer. Maybe I'll get lucky for this next school year and get a job somewhere. The only thing I've got going right now is the fact that I still have a job as a para if I don't land my own classroom for next year. The bad thing about that is the fact that the pay stinks, and I'll have to work for pennies for another year. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

10. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 20, 2009

:hugs: I'm sorry. I know the waiting is frustrating. I would continue to send out applications until the day you actually sign a contract.

11. txteach2b

txteach2b Comrade

May 20, 2009

Yep...already plan on doing that!

12. AMB

AMB Rookie

May 20, 2009

Ditto that!

I know it sucks. ( I've had enough rejection emails/ letters/ phone calls to last a lifetime.) However, the longer you go without hearing from them, IN MOST CASES (not all), the more you should generally count yourself out in my experience. The principal at the school where I will be working called me two hours after my interview! (Obviously that is NOT the norm, but if they want you, you'll generally hear from them in a couple days.)

I interviewed 3 weeks ago at a different school. He told me they would decide "very quickly." I've even emailed the principal and they still haven't even sent me as much as an email to let me know they picked someone else. I decided I didn't want to work there anyway. :D

13. txteach2b

txteach2b Comrade

May 22, 2009

Got the official rejection letter today. She said they're still early in the process of hiring for next year, and they'll keep me in mind if another position comes up. That letter was a form letter if I ever saw one. I'm not upset about it. Almost as soon as I left the interview, I had the feeling that I wouldn't get the job there.

While looking at postings in another district, I saw one that I want even more. I was waiting on my transcripts to come in, and they came today, too! So....I'm mailing some more apps off as soon as I can get to the post office and get some stamps!! :)

The one I'm hoping for now is a 4th math/science position. I'm much more comfortable in that kind of a setting. I've been working with math and science at the high school level for 3 years now. Let's hope I get an interview there!

14. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 22, 2009

Sorry about the rejection letter. But good luck on the new position!

15. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 22, 2009

I'm sorry, but I hope you get an interview for the math/science position. Good luck!