Registering for Praxis I in NJ

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by TeachMathNJ, Mar 23, 2007.

1. TeachMathNJ

TeachMathNJ Companion

Mar 23, 2007

I started to look at www.ets.org for info. on how to register for the Praxis I in NJ. Then I became overwhelmed at the tons of info. they have on the site. Do I just walk in and register for the date I want? And is there a code or do I just tell them the Praxis I? I sent an email to my advisor from school but haven't heard back yet.
    If anyone has been through this and could offer some advice, please let me know!
    Thanks!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 24, 2007

Go to http://www.ets.org/praxis, which will direct you specifically to Praxis exams. The screen that comes up lists the three types of Praxis exams. Find the box labeled "Praxis I" and click on "Register for a Test". At this point you're faced with a choice: computerized or paper-based? Computerized tests are given at testing centers by appointment, and I think they're given every day but don't quote me about that. Paper-based tests are given probably six times a year. In your case, I think I might recommend the computerized test.

Hope this helps a bit.

4. britac11

britac11 Rookie

Mar 26, 2007

Hello,

I just took the Computer-based Praxis and all I had to do to register was click on the "Find A Testing Center" link, enter my zip code, and choose the location that was closest to me. I called the phone number and I was told I could literally take it any day of the week at the 2 designated starting times. I had to give my credit card info over the phone and I took it 3 days later...very easy process :)

Good luck!