Registered for classes yesterday

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by bridgetbordeaux, Jul 12, 2008.

1. bridgetbordeaux

bridgetbordeaux Companion

Jul 12, 2008

I finished my associates in Early Childhood Ed in June
    Yesterday I registered for some core classes to work on my bachelors degree. I am so excited
    In 2 years or so, I will be a teacher!
    I haven't gotten my transcripts reviewed yet so I dont' know how many education courses I need. Hopefully most will transfer!!:D

3. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2008

Wow that's great!!! What a step to take. GOOD for you.

4. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2008

How great for you, good luck with everything! I just finished working as an academic advisor at a college, one thing you want to make sure to do is after your transcript is reviewed look everything over yourself and compare class descriptions of the classes that aren't transferring for you. Not too often, but every once in awhile I would find that people had repeated classes they had already taken or were going to take classes that they didn't need. With as many transcripts as the reviewers are completing they will miss a class every once in awhile or not realize that something counts when it should, because the title doesn't seem right, even though the descriptions match.

Also, basically planning out your two years in the beginning is usually very helpful and will make you aware of how many classes you have to take each semester. Again good luck with everything; I loved my education classes! You'll have a blast!

5. bridgetbordeaux

bridgetbordeaux Companion

Jul 12, 2008

thanks Jessica for that advice.
    I have my syllabi all ready for her to review.
    Now, just waiting to find out!