Region IV (Houston) ACP

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by EKTeach, Apr 9, 2010.

1. EKTeach

EKTeach Rookie

Apr 9, 2010

This is my first post, so I hope it's OK to post questions about specific alt. certification programs here. I am planning to enroll in the Region IV ACP (to begin in May), and I'd love to get the positives/negatives from other people who have obtained certification through this program. I appreciate any information you can provide!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 9, 2010

Hi and welcome!

I'm not from TX, and I have no idea where in TX REgion IV is, but did want to welcome you.

Since most teachers are in school today, it may be a while before you get your answer. (I'm one of the ones enoying my Easter break this week!)

4. EKTeach

EKTeach Rookie

Apr 9, 2010

Thanks so much for your help, Alice! I've lurked on this board for a while, and you always give great advice :).

5. newteacher26

newteacher26 Companion

Apr 12, 2010

My aunt went through Region IV. She got hired on the spot at her first teacher job fair and has been teaching for 6 years now :)

6. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Apr 12, 2010

I went the traditional route - received a degree in education, but from everything I've gathered about ACPs, the regional centers seem they'd be the most "reputable".

What certification are you attemptin to gain?

7. EKTeach

EKTeach Rookie

Apr 13, 2010

Thanks for the responses! I don't know anyone who has gone the alternative route, so I'm glad to know some of the programs are reputable. I have a B.A. in History and currently work in communications for NASA. I passed the 4-8 ELA/Reading/Social Studies TExES, but I'd like to complete the coursework before attempting an internship (some programs let you enter the classroom before you complete classes).