Reference Letter from a Cooperating Teacher

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Galois, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Galois

Galois Companion

Mar 4, 2011

Hi. Would someone please be so kind to show me or post a sample of your reference letter coming from your cooperating teacher during your student teaching? I'm trying to formulate one so that my cooperating teacher can sign it. Thank you.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Mar 4, 2011

Is there a reason why you are writing this and not your cooperating teacher?

4. Galois

Galois Companion

Mar 4, 2011

I didn't really have a formal student teaching like in a regular teacher credential program because I went straight to an enhanced internship teaching credential (still with some educ subjects w/out the student teaching). I ,however, had some sort of student/practice teaching (required by the program)wherein the cooperating teacher observed me in his classroom several times and he gave me a review and a grade for my teaching, but not a letter. He however agreed to give me a reference letter coming from a cooperating teacher.

So I'm trying to make it easy for him to sign, if I can write a letter. He probably would just edit it, but I will make use of what he wrote in his review. I've never seen such a letter. Does that make sense? Thank you.

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Mar 4, 2011

Usually a letter starts with describing the situation/classroom that you student taught in.

Then the letter focuses on your strengths whatever they may be...classroom management, organizing lessons, motivating students, etc....

6. Galois

Galois Companion

Mar 4, 2011

Thanks Mopar. That's a big help without me having to see an actual letter. I'm trying to apply for a middle school math teacher position and I need this letter badly. I actually have experience teaching middle school math (and I like it) but as a sub so it's harder to get a reference letter through this route. I prefer teaching high school, but middle school is fine as a start.