Reference Checks?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MullerMusings, Apr 8, 2015.

1. MullerMusings

MullerMusings Rookie

Apr 8, 2015

Had my three hour interview morning today and I think it went really well. When I asked about a hiring notification timeline, the principals told me that they will be checking references after the interviews and then make their decision(s).

What do reference checks entail? I assume they'll call (or email?) the 3 people I put on my application--two are my former cooperating teachers from student teaching and the third is my university supervisor. I'm curious about what they ask the references...especially since they all wrote letters of recommendation and I've uploaded those to my application.

Thanks!!

3. The Natural Log

The Natural Log Rookie

Apr 8, 2015

I think it must vary widely by district. In my district, I was offered the job and then told they just needed to call my references as a formality.

4. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Apr 8, 2015

I have no idea what they ask, but that sounds like a very good sign! We have to have 3 letters attached to our applications, too. I think my current school only called my principal at the time. He gave me a favorable review I guess, because I was offered the job that day!

Hoping you hear good news soon. :)

5. chasisaac

chasisaac Comrade

Apr 8, 2015

I have an interview next Tuesday. On my app I said do not contact my current P. Well guess what happened yesterday.

The good news is the P understands why I am leaving. I have 1:10 minute commute. As compared to a potential 10 minute walk.

My app included three references with letters. All three were contacted automatically.

6. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Apr 9, 2015

I think this varies. I get automated email notifications immediately after someone who lists me as a reference applies so the references would be available for the principals and human resource people to see immediately.

7. MullerMusings

MullerMusings Rookie

Apr 9, 2015

Well...

So far, I've heard nothing from my references. I can only assume it's a tad early to know whether or not I'll get an offer.

Fingers crossed.