Ref Letter Question

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by rtphillips, Feb 29, 2012.

1. rtphillips

rtphillips Rookie

Feb 29, 2012

I've only ever applied for teaching jobs online and sent digital copies of my letters of reference, which obviously can't be signed by the person who wrote them. At a job fair, I'd obviously be handing them physical copies...

Do they need to be signed?

Just wondering because my experience in teaching is international, and I'll be visiting the school soon. It will be my only chance to get signed copies in a timely manner.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 29, 2012

I can't imagine that it would hurt.

4. rtphillips

rtphillips Rookie

Feb 29, 2012

Ok, just checking if it was "required" or not. Thanks for your input!

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Feb 29, 2012

I would want signed copies of letters of reference. You can always scan in a signed copy to submit electronically.

6. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Feb 29, 2012

This is what I always do. My references sent me the letters in word docs, but I printed them out and went around to each and asked them to sign a copy for me. Then I scanned the signed copies to myself so I can upload those on applications. I don't want anyone thinking I just wrote myself a nice letter, haha.

For job fairs in the past, I have not brought letters of rec but I might this year since I'm thinking about doing the folders idea that was suggested in another thread. I think I'll just make color copies of my letters with signatures- I feel like it doesn't have to be the "original." I'm not going to make my references sit there and sign 60 letters of rec!