Recommended or Desperate?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Shaw88, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Shaw88

Shaw88 Rookie

Jul 9, 2017

Hello Wonderful Teachers!

I recently applied for a position at a local high school district and I want to make sure I stand out while they go through the applications since Social Studies positions usually receive a lot of applicants. I wasn't sure how to appropriately do this. The application was submitted on Friday and it closes tomorrow.

I was going to email the principal tomorrow but I also read something that said fax your information (resume and cover letter) on Monday morning so they get it when they check the machine. Is that too much? If not, what should I include in my fax?

I also heard to send the e-mail to Assistant Principals as well. Is that recommended?

This is the subject line I was thinking about using: Triple Endorsed Applicant for the Social Studies Vacancy

I was also thinking I should make the body of the email into bullet points for easier reading but I wasn't sure if that would make it less professional. My thought is a list of qualifications is easier to read than paragraphs.

I truly appreciate all the help I can get! I feel so lost on how to do this.

My main questions are:
    1. Is too much to fax a packet to the school as well as sending an email? If that is okay, what should I send?
    2. Should I include AP's on the email to the principal?
    3. How should I format my e-mail? Paragraphs or bullet points.
    4. Should I fax and send the email same day?

3. Shaw88

Shaw88 Rookie

Jul 9, 2017

Am I able to post my e-mail for review?

4. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jul 10, 2017

Just take copies of your resume (and whatever else you sent in originally). Usually, I just take in several copies of my resume and offer it to them when I sit down. Most of the time they made copies of what you sent in already. I think only one time, they took the copies I brought and were thankful.

5. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jul 10, 2017

I'm sorry I read your post wrong, I thought you were going in for an interview. I wouldn't sent any emails or faxes. Some people do but districts around here will post what to send. If you wanted to send an email, you can just send a simple one stating that you applied and wanted to attach your resume. Nothing too long because they get plenty of emails a day from people wanting jobs.

6. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jul 10, 2017

Since you asked, I would say desperate, but then, I'm a rule follower all the way. Also, this is my opinion - I think it is over-kill. I would triple check my resume (or more), do the same for my references, and run all of this past an honest friend, to see if what you think you are saying is exactly what the reader is taking from your submission documents.