recommendations?

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by andykay, Apr 8, 2005.

1. andykay

andykay Rookie

Apr 8, 2005

i was wondering if anybody could recommend a really good cd for movement excercises. i have tried using just regular music and having the children just ad-lib their actions but i would really like something in which the children follow movement instructions in the song lyrics

3. new2teach

new2teach New Member

Apr 8, 2005

dance magazine

go to the Dance magazine website and there will be plenty of sources for teaching children dance. some are very elementary movement. another source is anything "kidfit" oriented. I take the CBEST tomorrow for the first time, funny I used to teach dance to children and teens, now I want to teach English! Go figure:)

4. Mariaelena

Mariaelena Rookie

Apr 8, 2005

Hi,
    Im a preschool teacher from Mexico
    I use some of Disney sing along songs and dance music.
    Also i used some old song like rock& Roll to do some excercise. And some infant songs from singers in Mexico that have easy movements and to calm my students when they are draving me a little crazy at the end of the day I used yoga or new age music and it has help me alot.

5. Steph-ernie

Steph-ernie Groupie

Apr 8, 2005

I really like the Greg and Steve CDs. There are several of them, and I can't remember the titles right now, but they are really good for having the kids do certain motions and actions during each song.

6. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Apr 8, 2005

I use beanbags and have a few beanbag activity cd's. It's great for large and small motor control, and for hand and eye coordination. There are quite a few of them to choose from.

7. Margo

Margo Devotee

Apr 8, 2005

Greg and Steve Cds are awesome. I use them everyday. Also, Hap Palmer has some good ones to for music and movement along with learning skills.

8. scarlet_begonia

scarlet_begonia Comrade

Apr 8, 2005

I do aerobics or exercises with my children (ages 3-5) every morning and our favorite cds are "Aerobic Power for Kids Ages 4-10" and Greg and Steve's "Kids in Action." Aerobic Power for Kids 4-10 has fun songs like la bamba and YMCA in the background with directions in the foreground. My kids clamor for this cd. The Kids in Action (not to be confused with Kids in Motion by Greg and Steve) has a great first half. You do one dance song, then one stretch song, then one faster action song, and you end with bear hunt. I like it a lot because they are already on their bottoms for bear hunt and there they stay for circle time! Greg and Steve also has a series of cd's called We All Live Together. I like volume 2 the best. It has a fun, funky song to dance to and a "song" called Listen and Move. You're given a direction like, "walk," and then walking music is played. There are a series of 6 (I think) directions that alternate slow and fast with appropriate music for each (walk, bounce, tiptoe, run, etc.) It's a lot of fun.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  9. Maddi

Maddi Rookie

Apr 8, 2005

I use Greg and Steve cds along with Beab Bag Rock. The kids really like all of the songs on both cds. The Bead Bag Rock cd also teaches body parts, taking turns, sharing, and gross motor.

10. andykay

andykay Rookie

Apr 9, 2005

thanks everyone, i'm new in this business so it's great to get tips

11. Abby

Abby Guest

Apr 10, 2005

I use Tumble tots tapes which the kids love, and I have to say I do enjoy my 30min workout too!!! I've heard some of the Sticky Kids songs which are great too. hth