Recommendations for storage bins

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by mandamouse123, May 9, 2013.

1. mandamouse123

mandamouse123 Rookie

May 9, 2013

I'm looking for some recommendations for storage bins. Right now I have a hodge podge of bins, some of the rubbermaid type, some of the more classic ones like this, and some of fabric bins. Believe it or not, some of our toys are in scholastic cardboard boxes!

While I'd love to have everything in baskets, I fear that they won't hold up to being used all the time by 4 year-olds.

What do you guys use? What do you like about your bins? What don't you like?

Our director is hopefully going to buy the teachers uniform matching bins, and I want to be able to say, 'have you looked at this type?'

3. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

May 9, 2013

My baskets did fine with 4's....really. It allowed us to see in just fine as well. There was much greater care pulling things out, and it looked inviting rather than a bucket of stuff to throw and not take care of.

The other best boxes are the giant, square, thick tub like bins that come often under train tables as storage?

4. msaly

msaly Comrade

May 9, 2013

5. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

May 11, 2013

I couple of years ago, wanting to include more natural elements, I started buying baskets. Unfortunately, they don't seem to last as long as hard plastic bins, but I like the look and texture better. I was also buying from garage sales, etc. so that would be a factor.

6. Alesia

Alesia Companion

May 11, 2013

I use basket in my classroom of two year olds, and they have held up fine.

7. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

May 11, 2013

The baskets intended for plants work really well....might take some thrift shopping but they hold up. Also, some of the catalogs sell a flexible sort of basket type with more yarnish fibers. Those also hold up well.