Recommendation letters state of Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by daisycay, Aug 12, 2014.

1. daisycay

daisycay Rookie

Aug 12, 2014

I have just moved from Texas to Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh area). I have started the process of getting certified in PA. Many of the job postings in PA require 3 letters of recommendation. These are to be turned in with the application. I never had to have these in Texas. In Texas the school would call references listed on applications once they wanted to hire. I can easily get recommendations, but it would have to be a general recommendation. I don't even know if a general recommendation would work. How do I ask my former principal to write a recommendation that I can use more than once and for different positions. Any advice on this would be helpful. Thanks

3. chitown

chitown Companion

Aug 12, 2014

My letters of recommendation are all general letters that I can use more than once and for different positions. I asked my principal, sped director, and a colleague if they would write the letters for me, and they were more than willing. I would think that they could just google a teaching letter of recommendation if they need help on the formatting or what to say. Mine all give a bit of background about my teaching experiences with them and then state that they would recommend me for hire. I've never been turned down when I asked for one. Best of luck to you.

4. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 12, 2014

They need to address them as "To Whom it May Concern" or "Dear Administrator". Keep the originals, and copy it to send in. Scan the originals for online applications.