Recommendation Letter 4 a pre-k student going into applying for K

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by KayT, Mar 10, 2008.

1. KayT

KayT Rookie

Mar 10, 2008

:O.K. I was asked by a parent to do a recommendation letter for her daughter applying for K. This student is very bright and is one of my best students (academically). I'm looking for suggestions on what to say in the letter.... right now I'm brain locked. I know I should include the students abilities, but I'm concered about wording and length. Any examples or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

3. kidsalot

kidsalot Comrade

Mar 11, 2008

I do alot of these for reccomendation into 1st grade. Here is an example (name removed). Hope it helps!

April 1, 2007

To Whom It May Concern,

**** is a student in my full day kindergarten class. **** is a polite, outgoing, little girl. She is an enthusiastic learner who quickly grasps and applies new concepts taught. At this point, **** recognizes approximately 60 to 70 high frequency words, sound/symbol relationships, and can blend both simple and complex words. **** understands and applies directionality of print and the rules of sentence structure. ****correctly forms all her letters and numbers.

**** has mastered all the concepts presented to date in mathematics. She can name both plane and three dimensional shapes, create and extend both simple and complex patterns, and sort objects according to one or more attributes. ****recognizes, names, and assigns a value to numbers up to 150. Other mathematical concepts that **** has mastered are tables and graphs, tallying, fractions of ½ and ¼, and probability. I anticipate that **** will continue to easily and successfully master future math concepts.

**** is respectful of both her peers and teachers. She is courteous and easily follows the rules of our class without reminders. **** transitions easily and loves to be challenged. I give my recommendation, without any reservations, for early enrollment in first grade. **** would not benefit either academically or socially from another year in kindergarten. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.

Respectfully,

4. KayT

KayT Rookie

Mar 11, 2008

Thank YOU!!

5. Patch351

Patch351 Rookie

Mar 11, 2008

kidsalot that is a wonderful letter.

I'm just wondering why parents need recommendation letters for K? Around here you need no such thing. Is the letter going to a private school maybe?

6. shannon821

shannon821 Rookie

Mar 11, 2008

We need letter of recommendations here to enter Kindergarten if the child is not 5 by September 1st. For example I have a very smart little girl who wont be 5 untill September 17th there for she needs a letter of recommendation she also has to do some testing. :( It really stinks because some of the children with later birthdays are more smart than some of the older children.:down:

7. Patch351

Patch351 Rookie

Mar 11, 2008

Oh, that situation didn't enter my mind. Makes sense now.

8. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Mar 12, 2008

Our cut off date is Sept 15, THey have to be 5 by then in order to go to K. That is crazy about the letter. When it is time for my daughter to go to K, she will be 4 and then turn 5 later. I plan on sending her if she is capable of doing that.

9. Nobu

Nobu New Member

Jun 6, 2008

Can you help me with recommendation letter pls???

Thank you for the great post. I need to write a recommendation letter to school for my son to get into "Project Child" & Gifted program. Would you happen to have any sample letter? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!