Recipe Contest and Allrecipe.com Sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Chef Dave, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Chef Dave

Chef Dave Companion

Jul 10, 2008

While looking at some recipe websites, I stumbled across a couple of contests.

The Tillamook Cheese Company is sponsoring a recipe contest for macaroni and cheese. Recipes (which have to be unique creations) will be screened by a judging panel. Finalists will be chosen based on their unique use of ingredients, taste, and overall creativity. The six finalists will be chosen to have a cook off in Portland, Oregon ... ALL EXPENSES PAID. The cook off will be on October 24. The grand prize winner will get $5000 and 25 pounds of cheese.

I'm going to enter this contest just to see what happens.

It looks as though I'm going to be eating a lot of mac and cheese over the next two weeks ...AND I'm thinking up some nifty presentation ideas ... which I can't share with y'all BECAUSE IT'S A CONTEST! :)

http://www.macaroniandcheeseandcheese.com/contest/

First runner-up will receive $2,000 cash, 20 pounds of Tillamook® cheese, plus various other prizes.

Second runner-up will receive $1,000 cash, 15 pounds of Tillamook® cheese, plus various other prizes.

People's Choice winner will receive $2,500 cash, 25 pounds of Tillamook® cheese, plus various other prizes.

Contest deadline for the initial submission of recipes is 12:01 AM, July 28. Recipes that are mailed in must have postmarks no later than July 23rd.

Summer grilling giveaway contest:

This is a sweepstakes sponsored by All Recipes.com. Go to the site ... look at 3 grilling recipes ... choose your favorite one ... enter your contact information ... and if you do this by August 28, you'll be eligible to win a prize (provided your are 18 or older.) The top prize is $750.

http://allrecipes.com/features/sweepstakes/summergrilling.aspx?c=vid4876624600003679-A3A084F000031BB

3. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2008

When you win, please share your macncheese recipe!

4. Chef Dave

Chef Dave Companion

Jul 10, 2008

I appreciate your optimism.

I'd be thrilled just to be one of the six finalists ... but we'll see. Having just printed out the contest rules, I noted use of the term "amateur food lover."

Given my background, I cannot be described as an amateur. I've written to the contest organizers to see whether or not I'm eligible given my culinary arts background and years of experience in the food service industry.

I'm guessing at this point that I may not be able to participate.

5. Chef Dave

Chef Dave Companion

Jul 14, 2008

Rats ... I just heard from the contest organizers.

As a food service professional, I'm not eligible to participate. Participation is for amateurs only ...

6. dizzybri14

dizzybri14 Companion

Jul 14, 2008

Chef Dave so give us a recipe and we will split the winnings ;)

7. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jul 14, 2008

lol...I like that ;)