Recent Purchases?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Oct 13, 2008.

1. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2009

Thank you czacza! I just sent you a pm explaining that I learned my lesson: if I don't want something alive forever, don't post it on the Internet. :)

2. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2009

I removed the photo when I re-read your post and before I got the PM...I respect your desire for some privacy...;)

3. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jul 12, 2009

Finally purchased a flat screen after my son offered to buy half. He said that since he is now home and watches he should pay for some. Also got a new leather recliner. I bought the new spray paint for plastic and painted my outdoor tables instead of buying new ones. They look brand new. After all of the shopping we used my Olive Garden gift card from one of my students. I had a coupon, too, so dinner cost only $3.00, not including tip.

4. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2009

How nice of your son

5. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jul 12, 2009

Thanks for the compliment. He hasn't been able to land a full time job yet so he is working his long time summer position that he's had since 11th grade. Hopefully things will look soon. He has one class before he gets his degree.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2009

Jan- don't know what your son's major is, but my son started with a temp agency here in NJ which specializes in accounting...his temp job lead to a full time position. The company for which he works offers tuition reimbursement and he is now looking at Masters/CPA programs.

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 21, 2009

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 30, 2009

9. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jul 30, 2009

How did you cook it? Chard is my absolutely favorite veggie.

10. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2009

I took the plunge and bought an Interwrite pad for my computer at school. It's a wireless device that lets you write with a stylus on its screen, which then shows up on your computer/LCD projector. I got it on ebay for $303, which is about $200 less than retail. It arrived yesterday, so I have to unpack it and play with it today!

I got an unexpected (as they all are) residual check yesterday for some of my Murder, She Wrote episodes that actually covers that cost, so I figure I was meant to have it! :D

11. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 30, 2009

New shoes! I tend to wear my Aerosoles until the pattern on the soles is visible inside the shoe, which happened last week. Now I'm all comfy again. These are the best shoes for standing on the planet.

12. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jul 30, 2009

School stuff! BB sets, banners, fadeless paper, and borders. Also bought a few things for scrapbooking as well.

13. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jul 30, 2009

School stuff, tons of it, and some clothes for my vacation since I am 25lbs lighter. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

14. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jul 30, 2009

Congratulations msmullenjr! That would be a fun shopping spree! I was scared I might have to go buy a new swim suit for this weekend, but my old one still fits. Yea!

15. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

16. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 31, 2009

I got some new shoes from Zappos for our open house:

[​IMG]

Yeah, not really. These cost over a thousand dollars! I want to meet the person who wears these. Okay, I don't want to actually meet them...just see them from afar. :)

(Sorry...I was just looking at the shoes linked above and decided to browse as I'd never been on that website before and couldn't believe someone designed these and then convinced someone to manufacture them.)

17. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2009

Grace Jones would wear those. And be fabulous in them. Can't imagine anyone else.

18. JustT

JustT Comrade

Jul 31, 2009

I just purchased my 7th grade son's vaccines today. He also wants to play football so we had to get a sports physical. The total bill was

$428.00:eek:

Insurance only covered 50% so there went $214

I can't believe one of the vaccines cost $165.:mellow:

Well, he actually told me he loves me and gave me a big hug when he got his forms filled out for football. Whatever happend to those vaccines @$35 - $55 a shot?

19. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Aug 2, 2009

I got me a new HP desktop with 8GB Memory and 750GB Hard drive with a 23 inch monitor. I am in love!!!

20. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 2, 2009

Have fun using it! :)

21. Loves the beach

Loves the beach Companion

Aug 2, 2009

Some silly souvineers from Destin, FL. Some school supplies for my classroom.

22. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Aug 2, 2009

This past week I have bought so much stuff for my class: fabric for door and boards, border, word families bulletin board set for my aunt, organizers for my groups to keep their materials in, and I think I better stop because I have spent too much money on my class. :D

23. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 10, 2009

I got a nice enamel jewelry set: Necklace, earrings, bracelet, & ring in silver & light & dark shades of desert rose.

24. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 11, 2009

Today, I went to 2 malls & got:

- a nice dark denim skirt
    - Kajal eye liner from Victoria's Secret
    - Estee Lauder makeup
    - Conair Infiniti Hair Designer hair dryer
    - Feet pampering products

25. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Aug 11, 2009

more stuff for school, and lunch

26. irx7fani

irx7fani Rookie

Aug 11, 2009

had to spend $440 more on tuition because of the state increase in college costs... **** you state budget!

27. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 11, 2009

Speaking of tuition, I had to pay my full tuition of classes this term out of my own pocket ($1900) because I'm attending Utah State University ONLINE this time & out-of-state residents don't get any kind of financial aid. I'm going there because my regular CSU school didn't add any more courses, so I'd have to be driving a LOOOOOT every week & kill 9 hrs in one day. :dizzy:

Also spent $200 worth of books & that's renting 2 of them.

28. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Aug 11, 2009

two blouses
    school supplies for the girls
    earrings

29. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 17, 2009

The other day, I got:

- dog treats from Petsmart
    - printer ink at OfficeMax
    - a sweater from SteinMart

30. Ranchwife

Ranchwife Companion

Sep 17, 2009

Esprit sunglasses.

31. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Sep 17, 2009

T3 Medium Duality Iron

32. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Sep 17, 2009

I just bought some fun stuff for the classroom from Kagan. They have the neatest manipulatives for conversation starters and group work! I also picked up a lit. unit for Sign of the Beaver.

33. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Sep 17, 2009

I LOVE Kagan, rws!!

I just bought the entire fifth grade Everyday Math and History Alive curriculum sets for under $200 total!!! They retail for over 2k if bought new. I'm going to be gloating about that one for a while. ;)

34. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Sep 18, 2009

That is a fantastic deal, Jem!

I first heard about Kagan last year. The mom of one of my students was a teacher in another district. They moved out west over the summer, but she sent each of her children's teachers a goody bag brimming with stuff from Kagan! I went to their website the other day and almost bought more than I can afford. It box should be arriving next week.

35. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 18, 2009

I FINALLY went out tonight and got myself some shoes for work!!!!

With all the stuff going on last year, shoes were the last thing on my mind. (I was far more concerned with blouses and blazers that would hide the heffalump.) So it had gotten to where my shoes were an embarassment.

Nothing too fancy-- 3 pair of Sears "I Love Comfort" pumps. Two pair are black and one brown-- I could use some blue and red and taupe, but I figure I'm pretty much starting from scratch and need the basics.

36. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Sep 19, 2009

What haven't I been buying lately? :eek:

I got an iPhone.

I've bought almost an entire wardrobe from Ann Taylor Loft (I am way too shopping adverse to want to browse stores), with a couple Ralph Lauren pieces that were actually not too terribly expensive. I had a ton of ATL coupons: spend $50 and get $25 off full price items.

I bought a dresser with glass drawers from Ikea and a huge black bookshelf unit for my office. I got a retro looking silver, red and black ceiling fan for my office. I bought my bird a great hanging play area (if she decides she doesn't like it, she owes me $200).

I bought myself a bottle of Chanel No. 5 and the new limited edition eye gloss shadow palette and 3 bottles of nail polish.

I got 3 new cookbooks I've been wanting. And I bought the new Snow Leopard operating system for my MacBook.

I got pencils and posters for my classroom. For under $30, I got a 16lb box of all sorts of wonderful stuff from USGS.

And today, I am going to buy a TV to celebrate my graduation being FINALLY 100% official. My degree was conferred retroactively, but official notification was yesterday.

So, basically, I've been going a bit nuts with the spending. My first two paychecks will just go straight into savings. I had a ton of financial aid money, but with all moving related expenses, clothes for work and a few "fun" things I've been wanting, out of the way, I have no excuse to not start saving as manically as I've been spending.

Ooh. The FIRST thing I did was give my mom and dad the $2000 they helped me out with over the past year. That felt so great. :wub: I was only able to give them $1500 in cash and had to sneak in the other $500 in some gift cards or ordering stuff online for them so it was a fait accompli and they couldn't argue. Then they went and paid for my Ikea bookshelf ($250) yesterday since they picked it up as a surprise. Sigh. What to do.

37. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2009

38. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 20, 2009

Wow, mollydoll, that's indeed a LOT! :)

Shopping's so fun!

39. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Sep 20, 2009

I'm not much a fan of shopping. I like BUYING things. Shopping--not so much. I am very efficient when I shop. For example, I went to two stores, looked at lots of tvs, and had my 40" Samsung loaded into the truck all in under an hour. Including finding great grey Calvin Klein sheets at Costco for $34 and getting HDMI cables. In the time I blitzed through Costco and spent $900, my dad ate two pieces of pizza. :lol:

By contrast, I went to Marshall's with my mom to buy baby clothes for my cousins new baby. It took her an hour and a half (!) to pick out a huge pile of Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren things (both really popular and really expensive in Ireland). In ten minutes, I found a pair of Calvin Klein shoes (not vegan--I am SO sick of trying to find shoes that don't kill me or cows; so now I am a horrible hypocrite. Will probably end up returning them.), a purple cowl neck knit Calvin Klein dress, a silicon tart pan (yes, I LOVE CK. I like plain and simple) and helped pick out a few baby clothes. Oh. And a purple Michael Kors knit top. Luckily, the houndstooth Kors pants didn't quite fit because they were cut weirdly.

I just now ordered Apple TV. :lol:

Ok, I really need to stop spending now. I think I have just spent most of my Harley down payment in the last month. But that is ok. I don't need to be in a rush for that.

40. carlea

carlea Comrade

Sep 20, 2009

Yesterday, I bought a new cable for my car's power window & the labor to fix it. I also bought a pair of knee high boots and a pair of ankle boots from Zappos.