Recent Purchases?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 30, 2008

That's a nice camera. I think I want Canon too. I have an older one (not digital & it's still great). I have 2 (digital) FujiFilms that are blurry at random times & I have to keep turning it on/off, then the focus may be sharp. :confused:

Another gripe is that I can forget about tkg action shots. When you press the button on the FujiFilm, it takes the picture 2-3 sec later, so the moment is long gone. :mad:

2. irx7fani

irx7fani Rookie

Nov 30, 2008

Ms I. Increase your ISO speed, it will close the shutter quicker and you can capture the sport shots. However, when you increase your ISO, you will also increase noise in your picture. But if you take time to balance it out, it will be fine.

3. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Nov 30, 2008

Black Friday Deals

Wii for the girls, set of knives for me, jackets and pajamas for the girls, movies and CDs for me & hubby, had a ball at bath and body works- lotion, hand soap, wall flowers, gift bag, fur real friends puppies & leap frog phonics farm for hubby granddaughters.

Then today we bought two new toilets, tablets for daughter back to school, and some candy to snack on.

4. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Dec 1, 2008

O my gosh! I am so jelous! I got a jacket too for a good deal. It's actually from my grandmother but she asked me to pick out what I wanted for Christmas. I am wearin it for my ski trip in Jan. I will not get it until Christmas tho.

5. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Dec 1, 2008

I did not plan on shopping on Black Friday. However, I recently got another personal trainer (I'm a sucker) and hope, hope, hope to stick with it. Dh is trying to help and gave me permission to get my very first iPod. Granted, it's a baby shuffle, but it's bright pink, beautiful and all mine! I'm charging it as I write this, and plan on listening to a Twilight podcast while I work out tonight. I'm making a running playlist full of great songs, but I'm very anal and don't want to put any songs on it until I'm positive they are what I want, and in the right order. I'm going to work on it tonight. For now, a podcast will do nicely.

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 1, 2008

irx7fani, thanks for the info!

mandagap06, thanks. I'm jealous that you get to go on a trip in Jan. I wish I was!

I LOVE getting packages in the mail! I'm waiting on a few things that will be coming. The latest thing I ordered was from Amazon.com. I got a DVD movie & pageboy style hat.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 1, 2008

I got DH an ipod for Christmas....am wondering if I should download his songs to it already??? It also came with a $15 Itunes card!

8. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Dec 1, 2008

Aside from Christmas shopping and buying essentials for myself, the most recent thing I purchased what a ticket to a U2 tribute band in the area. I went out with friends and my sister for my birthday Sat. night.

9. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Dec 2, 2008

That is the perks of being a sub and not a reg. teacher is that I get to miss a day of work since I know ahead of time. Alough I would gladly have taken a personal day to go on this trip. I am so excited and Jan. can not get here fast enough. Sry to thread hijack!

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 2, 2008

mandagap06, don't be sorry about hijacking. It's great to hear. Have fun! :)

11. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Dec 3, 2008

I also love getting packages in the mail. The girls' Wii, Black Friday purchase, came in yesterday. My husband was off yesterday when the package arrived. He put it in the trunk of the car and told the girls to get the package out of the trunk for me. They went crazy when they saw the box and jumped on him.

12. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Dec 3, 2008

Thanks and I will have fun!

13. blessedhands

blessedhands Comrade

Dec 3, 2008

I recently bought a Pantech C740 USB Data Cable to route music on my mobile's mp3 from the computer. Ebay had it cheap so I and I won!

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 6, 2008

I get to buy an unexpected present for myself very soon...a new computer! :)

15. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Dec 7, 2008

I'm excited about the Toy watch I've ordered for DD, I hope it gets here in time.

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 8, 2008

My dinner for today!

Sushi
    Frozen yogurt

17. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Dec 8, 2008

bought a new HD tv for the living room. the old tv didnt have places to plug in video games thats how old it was. I had to buy a new TV because I bought the kids a Wii. We are having a blast playing.

18. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 9, 2008

Yesterday I did all the wrapping, to get a look at the "piles."

As I suspected, Julia's was noticeably smaller than the others-- she wants everything, so I've been putting her off. I knew I could always run and get her some stuff.

Peter and I went to Target and got her some bulky gifts: a HSM pink Caddilac, some HSM sheets, and 2 chapter books. We spent some serious money, so it must have been more than that, though I forget the details.

My niece's birthday is this Saturday, and I did a BAD thing: I had her letter to Santa, waiting to go to Macys for their Make a Wish promo. I opened it and found out what she wanted, then got her an item from the list :) Brian laughed for 5 minutes when I told him!

19. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Dec 9, 2008

Alice,

Santa knows.

Lemon

20. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 9, 2008

Well, I did tell Brian that I had crossed the toy off the list for Santa, so Courtney wouldn't get doubles :)

21. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Dec 9, 2008

hmmmm

That could help.

22. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Dec 9, 2008

We are also having a blast with our new Wii. I would not have imagined that this was so much fun. I am the bowling queen in our house.:D Didn't mean to hijack

23. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Dec 9, 2008

LOL I think this has been hijacked a few times.

I was the champ too when we got ours. Did you get the Wii Fit? It will be under our tree for Christmas.

24. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Dec 9, 2008

No, but one of the girls would like to have it.

25. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Dec 10, 2008

I myself would like the wii fit. I know one of my gifts(my grandmother asked me what I wanted ..it's a winter jacket and mom asked me to try it on to see what size I need). Other than that I really did not need/want anything.

26. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 10, 2008

I just decided to get the same gift for my husband, my friend and her family, my mom and Peter's mom:

A chocomotion machine. It's made by Mr. Coffee and supposedly makes incredible hot chocolate.

I stopped by Walmart (I HATE that place!!!) on the way home, but they were out. So I went to walmart.com and ordered 4.

They could have given me shipping to my local store for free, but I am NOT stepping foot in that store between now and Christmas. So for $15 total, they'll ship all 4 to me. The good part is that they were cheaper with shipping than the base price at amazon.com

So now, aside from Stocking stuffers, I'm done!!!

27. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 11, 2008

Yay! :haha: I just got a Dell XPS 420 desktop! It's got Core 2 Quad Core :D, but nowadays, they have the Core 2 Extreme & one called the i7.

28. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Dec 11, 2008

I've never heard of a cocomotion before but it has excellent reviews on Amazon!

I'll have to check one out in the store. :)

29. irx7fani

irx7fani Rookie

Dec 11, 2008

Got this Wolf Design watch and pen case for my watch collection. I also plan to get a Mont Blanc soon so I figure it would be nice to have a nice place for it to rest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 12, 2008

Walmart emailed me overnight; the order has shipped :)

I was talking about it at work on Tuesday, as being something I wanted to look at for all those hard-to-buy-for people. Two different people in the room raved about it.

31. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Dec 12, 2008

Walmart- waiting to hear when my site to store will show up.

32. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Dec 12, 2008

I'm looking that thing up. Thanks Alice

33. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 13, 2008

• food from Claim Jumper
    • 4 GB flash drive
    • Microsoft wireless optical mouse
    • wrist cushion (while using my mouse)
    • Hallmark greeting card paper

34. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Dec 13, 2008

We went to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base today.
    (There's NO TAX charged on an AFB!!)

Pharmacy:
    medication for hubby (FREE!)

Home and Garden Shop:
    pillow
    Santa Claus paper plates, bowls, cups, napkins

BX:
    soup (that they had on sale for 50% off)
    birthday cards
    Passion perfume (Christmas gift for me)

Commissary:
    three carts of food, paper products, soap, etc - $540!!!

35. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Dec 14, 2008

Some Christmas decorations, a car wash, a gift card for Dad, and I went out for dinner on Friday night. It was my part in helping to stimulate the economy.

36. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 14, 2008

We brought our doggy to Petco yesterday to take a picture with Santa! The picture came out so cute and he behaved very well. We bought him a bunch of treats as a reward and bought the framed picture.

37. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 14, 2008

How cute! During break, my dog deserves another nice pampering. I need to give him a bath, trim his nails, brush his teeth, & although he's a short-haired dog, he could use a nice all-over shave.

38. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 17, 2008

Darn! I could have my new computer any day now, but nooo! I cancelled the order yesterday because I was pretty sure I was going to order something else & I wanted to hurry & cancel before they shipped it to me. Now, just 1 day after cancelling, I wanted it back & reordered it & now the shipping date is 2 wks later. My entire Christmas break would have practically passed! :mad:

39. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 19, 2008

I have a free day today & I feel like doing a little shopping. I have coupons. I may get a nice chenille scarf & maybe a matching hat!

40. irx7fani

irx7fani Rookie

Dec 19, 2008

I bought myself a Coach Tranatlantic Messenger bag yesterday, but then felt guilty for buying myself something I don't need yet. So I'm thinking of returning it. The messenger bag is beautiful (I sound like a girl) but d*mn it's nice....I just don't have a need for it yet, I was planning to use it this summer during my Administrative Intern maybe. But I guess I can buy it then, I'm just afraid they don't have anymore.

http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=10714&category_id=195&bc=g123&cm_ite=None&cm_pla=&cm_cat=None&cm_ven=froogleNone