Recent Purchases?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Oct 13, 2008.

1. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 16, 2011

$80 worth of pantyhose? I'm envisioning little plastic egg containers cascading out of your closet. :lol:

Do they sell tights at the outlet? There is one here, but I don't usually go in. I wear tights all fall and winter though.

Enjoy those bras. I hope you got comfy and sexy ones. :p

I'm still thrilled to be a size that I can fit so I enjoy buying them now.

2. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 17, 2011

No little plastic eggs-- L'eggs, at least in the outlet, now come 4 to a little cardboard box, for $5.95 or so.

Here's the webstite: http://www.onehanesplace.com/webapp...A-_-Sale_Shaping&cm_em=accardi1@optonline.net

As to the bras: I have to buy wireless, so I'm a little limited. But that's OK. When I have one on, I actually look as though I match. Most women have no idea how wonderful a feeling that is.

3. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 17, 2011

Mu aunt is going through that now, and I know she feels awful. After going through all the chemo, losing her hair, the mental and physical stresses, it is horrid that the Irish healthcare system has her waiting 2+ years for reconstruction.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 18, 2011

mollydoll, you have no patience to shop, huh? I love shopping. I like taking my time browsing. I have enough tops, I could use another pair or two of shoes. I want some gray ones.

There's a store called Zara that isn't near me, but I like shopping there, I like their style. They don't even have online shopping available yet! :mad: I emailed them asking them to build a location in my area. www.zara.com

I don't HAVE to wear wireless bras, but I WANT to. I'm surprised there aren't more of them out there these days! :mad:

5. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 18, 2011

Oh, I like buying things--that's fun. But actually going into stores to browse is a soul-suckingly boring thing for me, unless it's a bookstore, Wlliams-Sonoma (15-20 min max), Harley stores, or the Chanel makeup counter (until the people I'm with get annoyed; I actually don't even wear makeup beyond nail polish and lip products).

If I ever have the budget to go to Barneys or Bergdorfs and buy anything I want, I'll reconsider!

6. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Aug 18, 2011

Here's an interesting one ... I just got a Hands Free blow dryer mount. It's called Blo and Go by Laurie Coleman. I haven't really tried it yet, but I've wanted one for years.

7. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 18, 2011

I need one of those!

8. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 18, 2011

I bought a video camera at Staples today--regularly $200.00, on sale for $99.00, then 25% savings because of Teacher Appreciation Day!

9. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Aug 18, 2011

I bought myself a pair of ecco sandals. They were needed, but the price kills me.My next big "purchase" will be tags for my car to keep it legal.

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 13, 2011

Yellow suede wedges by Hush Puppies!

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 17, 2011

Gray suede heels by Born

Gray patterned turtleneck sweater

Turquoise leather wallet by Fossil

Top from Anthropologie

Target had some Missoni brand items out, but they sold up like hotcakes in a matter of days. I missed it all.

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 17, 2011

I bought myself some cinnamon Pop Tarts last night :)

Seriously though, at this point in the year, my disposable income goes to my kids for the holidays. There's really nothing I need. I would rather spend my money on them. It's so much more fun.

13. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 17, 2011

Comfort food?

14. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 17, 2011

No, not really. Everything is going great at home and at school.

Just "I'm in the mood for it and it's payday" food

15. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Sep 17, 2011

WOW! You guys are shoppers! I used to be. All my available cash is going into savings lately. :) Every once in awhile I buy the girls some things for school. But mainly, they get gifts only on birthdays and Christmas. It was good enough for me when I was a kid.... and works well with them too. Luckily, they are not the kind to ask for things in between unless it is a need.

16. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 17, 2011

At some point in the next month or so I'll take the kids shopping for fall/winter clothes. They're still at the point where last year's clothes don't fit this year. I can get away with a little bit of hand me downs with the girls, but they have totally different body types; they're more likely to share clothes than to pass them down.

Usually around Columbus Day we make a day of it with the girls; Brian is more than happy to let me do it for him.

17. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 7, 2011

I just got a great deal through HSN: A Samsung Dart Android No-Contract T-Mobile Smartphone with GPS and 3MP Camera for $129.95 (a today'd special deal good for another hour) & $45/mo for unlimited phone, text, & web! I hope I like it because I've been w/ my previous cell company AT&T for 6 yrs. :D

http://www.hsn.com/todays-special_xh.aspx

18. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Oct 7, 2011

Today I picked up the Jennifer Lopez Collection shirt that I've been stalking at Kohl's. It's been regular price the other times I've looked at it. Today it was finally on sale. I also had a 15% off coupon, a $5 credit voucher, and $13 left over on a gift card. I got it for less than $15.

I've also been looking for a pair of athletic shoes. I've tried every expensive brand out there, and nothing fits my short, wide feet just right. Oh a whim, I tried on a pair of gray and purple running shoes at K-Mart while DH was looking at hunting stuff. They were a perfect fit, and at only $14, I couldn't pass them up.

19. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Oct 8, 2011

I bought black leather boots. I've been wearing them around the house trying to decide if I am going to keep them or not. They look great, but my feet feel pinched.

I think the boots will be going back. If I'm going to spend $200 on boots, they better be flawless.

20. nikkiluvsu15

nikkiluvsu15 Rookie

Oct 8, 2011

The last purchase I made was Flea/Heartguard medicine and Pet Insurance. Exciting, haha.

21. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 9, 2011

I'm trying to get this leopard print, calf-skin bag, but I'm on the waitlist on the website that sells it, so I sure hope it comes back in stock!

22. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Oct 23, 2011

Most recent purchases include a co-pay and prescription antibiotics AGAIN after going through the same less than a month ago. Being sick stinks.

23. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Oct 23, 2011

A new dryer. Ours went out.

24. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Oct 23, 2011

My latest purchases, I not only got great stuff, but incredible deals . . . .

At JCP's -
    1 pair of jeans that fit great
    1 pair of trouser style denim pants
    1 fleece zip jacket
    1 grey crew neck sweater
    1 green cardigan sweater
    1 fleece zip jacket
    for a grand total of $102.00 WOW . . . using lots of discounts and putting it on my Penny's card which I paid as soon as I got home

And then at TJ Maxx
    1 pair of Born shoes
    1 dressy black sweater
    1 leather wallet
    1pink Nike pullover
    1 large can Big n Sexy hairspray
    1 trunk organizer for my car
    6 long sleeve t-shirts for my youngest daughter

for $167.00

Had a great day shopping :)

25. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Oct 23, 2011

I bought a new digital camera - a Canon4500si, on sale for $250.

26. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 24, 2011

Finally got it, but at almost $300, I could do without it, so I returned it.

27. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 3, 2012

This is some of the last of my Christmas shopping before I return to work: :)

Pretty green Tommy Hilfiger shirt

2 pairs of Calvin Klein jeggings in teal & fuschia

3 tank tops

Liz Claibrone earth-tone colored sweater

Turtleneck sweater

Godiva hot chocolate mix

3 home decor magazines

Grey & royal blue striped knit scarf w/ pockets

5 pairs of black, taupe, & brown boots (Fossil, Sofft, & Easy Spirit)

Bracelet

Makeup

28. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jan 3, 2012

I had a 20% off coupon so went to Kohl's and got some nice boots. It will be snowing soon so I figured I'd better be prepared. My old boots were worn out from last year's terrible winter LOL I ended up paying less than $25 and they were originally $79.99!

29. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jan 4, 2012

I'm just amazed at the number of views for this thread!

I rarely look at it but saw the number count and felt like saying that!

I don't normally add what I buy on here but I will this time because if someone is looking for a nice smelling "rose" scented lotion, I just bought Thymes Kimono Rose hand lotion with a pump. I need to make this last awhile since it's my first time buying it after trying a sample a few years ago! I just love it.

30. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 11, 2012

- 3 wordless picture books: Chalk, Flotsam, & Window
    - spicy turkey jerky

31. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 11, 2012

A pair of men's Uggs for dh's Valentines present.

An 8 pound kettle bell for me. (NOT a Valentines present!!!):rolleyes:

32. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Feb 11, 2012

Tennis-I was about to say the same thing! 9 million views??? Crazy!

I'm purchasing little items for the baby. This week is was a collection of plushies from Barnes and Nobles-characters from childrens books. I got Pigeon (Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus), Courderoy, Horton, Skippy Jon Jones, the Pokey Puppy, Pat (Pat the Bunny) and the bunnies from Guess How Much I Love You and Goodnight Moon. I have a bunch more on our registry, but I want to put them all around the nursery with the books next to them for reading time.

Also, dh's 'You're having a son' gift finally came in the mail.

[​IMG]

33. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 11, 2012

9 million views? Seriously? Is that even possible? If I'm doing the math right, that's more than 7000 views a day, every day, for 3 1/2 years.:eek:

34. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Feb 11, 2012

:eek: Wow....

Well, I guess my recent purchases were some new clothes for work.

35. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Feb 11, 2012

I just bought two pairs of slip-on shoes and a bunch of cardigans. I also bought flea and heart worm medicine for all of the dogs and the cat. That should be the end of my shopping for awhile.

36. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Feb 11, 2012

I think it's interesting to read about what people are purchasing. In the last 2 weeks I've had to pay over $200 in vet bills so I don't think I will be shopping for myself anytime soon :unsure:

37. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Feb 11, 2012

I know-I've been reading through the thread and living through others. ;) Now that I think about it, I've been shopping more than usual lately. I got this tank top I've had my eye on FOREVER, but it had some defects when it arrived. Hopefully they'll send a replacement soon, although it won't fit until this fall. I just don't want them to forget (they have to wait for a new order without defects to come in....).

[​IMG]

I also got a few items for the nursery. We've decided to go chocolate brown and mint green.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I also found these cuties on clearance at Babies R Us. I really need to get the dresser and closet cleared out in that room-right now everything is going in baskets until later.

[​IMG]

38. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 11, 2012

Today we went out to get the fixings for Julia's birthday party.

She chose, of course, a Mismatched theme.

We went to Little MisMatched and got a variety of change purses that look like mismatched socks.

Then to Michaels to get tote bags and fabric pens for the girls to use to decorate them.

(Though not bought today, we'll have a layer cake with a round and a square layer, with different colored frostings. She wants breakfast for dinner-- waffles, pancakes and french toast; I'm not sure whether I'll do as she wants and serve pizza for breakfast. She'll show 2 different movies before bed time: Wimpy Kid I and Cars 2 or something.) We also hit the dollar store and got a variety of plates, napkins, and other birthday stuff, all assorted colors and patterns. She's SO excited!!!

39. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Feb 11, 2012

What a great theme! I miss throwing kid parties. I have boys so I never had cute girl parties but I threw some awesome Star Wars bashes.

40. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 16, 2012

- Rory's Story Cubes activity to use w/ my students

- Stickers (for the students)

- 3D puzzle sushi erasers

Tomorrow, I'm going to a teacher supply store or two & I need to get a story sequence activity & who knows what else I'll get! :)