Reason for Leaving

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by blondierox4u, Mar 13, 2007.

1. blondierox4u

blondierox4u Rookie

Mar 13, 2007

On my standard application it asked to explain my reason for leaving but I'm not quite sure how to word it......I was hired as a long term sub for the whole year-salaried, I was guaranteed a job for next yr and they do not want me to leave. So on my end the reasons I want to leave is the 1hour and 10 min drive, I want to relocate w/ my fiancé -we just recently got engaged, I want to start my masters at a college that is faraway from where I am now and basically the administration at my school is terrible there is no discipline for the students and no support for the special ed teachers, there is a major divide among regular and special ed and as a first yr teacher I went through a lot for my kids. So my boss does not want me to leave but she wrote me a great letter and said I'm a great candidate to get hired, so I want to make that impression when I state my reason for leaving!??!?!?!? Any help on how to sum that up and make it seem like a good reason for leaving??? PLEASE HELP!:confused: :confused: :confused:

3. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Mar 13, 2007

You're looking for a position that's closer to where you plan to be living next year. I think that's certainly reasonable. ;)

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 13, 2007

I htink that's an excellent reason to be looking.

It doesn't place any blame on the old school, and doesn't imply that there's a problem with your teaching.

5. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Mar 13, 2007

I agree. Just a thought...you may mention that you have a desire to teach in your own community.