Really long sentence...

Discussion in 'Behavior Management' started by Apple125, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Apple125

Apple125 Rookie

Sep 1, 2009

A couple of years ago, I found a really long sentence on this website for students who talked too much in class. I wrote it on my whiteboard, and it nearly stretched from one side of the board to the other. I had it written on a piece of paper, but I cleaned out my desk last year and now I can't find it. It really worked! After a week or two, all I had to do was point at the sentence and it was completely silent. Please, please, if someone remembers this or has something similar, please post it because I really could use it with this year's group! Thanks!

3. jd123

jd123 Cohort

Sep 4, 2009

Just wondering... what was special and unique about the sentence? Would you be able to recall some of it, and make up the rest? Was it a sentence that the students had to copy if they were too loud?

4. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Sep 5, 2009

I have never heard of this...did you try to google it?

5. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Sep 6, 2009

This is going to bother me. I need to know

6. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Sep 6, 2009

I think we could come up with a really long sentence if you gave us a topic to write about...

7. Apple125

Apple125 Rookie

Sep 6, 2009

The sentence was used when students weren't listening or there was too much talking. It was something like this: As an intelligent student, I realize I should not waste my time disrupting the learning process and should focus my attention to the task I have been given...

The one on here was much better than what I just wrote! I saw a few of my former students and asked them if they remembered, and they all remembered doing it but not what it said exactly. I only had to make them do it a few times, and after that all I had to do was glance back at my board and they would immediately get quiet. Any help is greatly appreciated!

8. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Sep 6, 2009

As an intelligent and eager to learn student, I realize that I should not be wasting my time disrupting the learning process in this classroom and that my actions are negatively affecting other people, now I will focus my attention on the task I have been given and work my hardest to regain the learning time I have lost.

How about that for a ridiculous sentence? Anyone else have ideas?

9. Apple125

Apple125 Rookie

Sep 7, 2009

That's great! My kids will definitely not be excited to see that on the board! Thank you!

10. iamlynn98

iamlynn98 Rookie

Sep 7, 2009

What do you do with the sentence? Do you have them write it over and over or just look at it? We aren't supposed to have them write lines at our school.