Really Good Stuff Self-Adhesive Nameplates

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Miss Kirby, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 30, 2009

Has anyone used Really Good Stuff Self-Adhesive name plates? A teacher gave me some she ordered because they were too big for her tables. I think the pictures and color words are too babyish for second grade, and it's HUGE! Another teacher suggested I chop off the bottom part of the nameplates.

They are self adhesive, which is nice. But I could just see the kids' picking the corners, and how well do they really stick? Also, I couldn't laminate them after I write their names, because of the adhesive, so kids can use their erasers to smudge and erase their names.

Anyone use this product before and can give me some advice? Thanks!

http://reallygoodstuff.com/product_details.aspx?item_guid=47d31885-4db9-4ae8-8484-43d81c3df664#

3. 4inteacher

4inteacher Rookie

Jul 31, 2009

I thought about getting the intermediate version of this name plate for my students. I was going to cut them apart and use them in my mini-offices. This might be an option for you. Of course, you'd need another name plate entirely.

4. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2009

A coworker had them & hated them. They got really nasty in a short amount of time.

5. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 31, 2009

Oh No! Well what should I do with them!? Or should I just buy my own...

6. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 31, 2009

I'd offer them to perhaps a kindergarten or first grade teacher, to be honest. :) You can also tell her very kindly you are placing them in the mailroom because you think a younger class would benefit from them. (Okay, I'm hiding now.)

7. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 31, 2009

Haha, i could do that, but kinder and first have tables, which is why she can't use them in the first place. They are way too big. *Maybe* they would work on the rectangular tables, just not the round.

Anyway, I'd like to use them because they are free. But then again I was going to give her some of my name plates (they were extra and i only have 18) to trade. Now I feel bad if I don't keep her nameplates and I want to keep mine. Oy.