Really Good Stuff book baskets?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by snickydog, Aug 17, 2007.

1. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Aug 17, 2007

I think I'm going to break down and buy some of the book baskets from reallygoodstuff.com. My classroom has some library books in HORRIBLE disarray. The dollar stores by me don't really have any baskets, and the ones that do are oddly shaped (circular!) and flimsy.

Has anyone purchased these? I teach first so I'm assuming I'll need mostly the larger baskets (the medium ones, 4 in a set) for the picture books), but maybe the small ones would be good for some of the higher level books that are smaller? Are they worth the investment? I've seen people using Sterlite containers but those don't seem all that different price-wise.

3. love_reading

love_reading Comrade

Aug 17, 2007

Our Dollar Tree has the sterilite containers. Also, I found white baskets at Dollar General. I spray painted them primary colors.

4. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Aug 17, 2007

You might check Wal-Mart or Target too - I've seen the Sterilite ones there for 97 cents.

5. k.contreras

k.contreras Companion

Aug 17, 2007

I bought my book baskets from lakeshorelearning.com they come in the primary colors, but they are about $3.50 each; however, I really like them and they are very sturdy and colorful. I bought Sterilite baskets once and spray painted them, but the paint would chip if the kids hit the basket with something.

6. Miss Starr

Miss Starr Companion

Aug 17, 2007

I have them...the classroom stacking baskets in a set of 4 for about $12.95. They are good and hold up well in the long run.

7. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Aug 17, 2007

I have them in primary colors. Not sure of the size, but they are in primary colors with circle cut outs and handles you can use to stack them. I love them. They are very sturdy, though the handles pop off once in a while. But they are bright and I have used them for 6 years and they look practically new.

8. mrs100

mrs100 Comrade

Aug 17, 2007

9. sophie1

sophie1 Comrade

Aug 17, 2007

I have them and think that they are worth the money. But they are expensive, dishpans will also work. Kmart has nice dishpans in bright colors right now. Good Luck!

10. mom&teacher

mom&teacher Companion

Aug 17, 2007

I've bought the 3 part caddy's and the bins with the lids through Really Good Stuff and they are Really Horrible Stuff! The lids don't even fit the stupid bins!!!! The caddy's are okay, but my neighbor has better ones! I would shop around!

11. hdavidson

hdavidson Companion

Aug 17, 2007

mrs100
    i love the bean bags, where did you get em?

12. Picabo

Picabo Rookie

Aug 17, 2007

I had the same trouble as you, Snickydog, trying to find good, uniform baskets to use. I searched all of my local stores- Dollar Tree, 99 Cent Store, Target, etc., and could not find anything close to what I wanted.

I ended up buying the Really Good Stuff baskets that are in sets of 8(primary colors). They look great, and my library looks very organized.

13. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2007

Try the Christams Tree Shopps....they are hit and miss but usually have the bins priced from 1- 2 bucks!
    I was just in lakeshore the other day. I did not look at the bins, but most things were on sale for 20% off so the bins might be too!
    I also got some bins in Ekard for 50 cent a few weeks back.....what a bargin!!

14. Mommy2wad

Mommy2wad Rookie

Aug 18, 2007

I haven't purchased the book baskets, but I have purchased many things from reallygoodstuff.com and have loved it all!

15. Pattie

Pattie Companion

Aug 19, 2007

Sophie, how much are the Kmart dishpans? About what size are they across the bottom? I have lots of big big picture books that don't always fit in those smaller bins, but I want to revamp my library this year too.

16. sophie1

sophie1 Comrade

Aug 19, 2007

I have to agree, Really Good Stuff is great. My orders ship quickly and I get quality stuff!

17. sophie1

sophie1 Comrade

Aug 19, 2007

The dishpans are a standard size that would fit into a kitchen sink. Kmart had burgandy-like and a coordinating green in stock about four days ago. I didn't look at how much they are... but, they are probably around $2-3... each.

18. lirpa522

lirpa522 New Member

Aug 29, 2007

Calloway House sells a set of 6 Book Boxes for $26. I like them because they come in six colors and they are just as sturdy (if not more so) than plastic.