Reality shows

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by diggerdeb, Mar 25, 2005.

1. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 19, 2005

I think it's Nelly's brother? It could be a friend (I'm not positive), I'm not big into rap/hip hop, although I do like Nelly. I am not sure about the sister thing. I haven't heard anything about it. All I know is that I can't stand Bo in those glasses!!! Maybe they're his security blanket :)

2. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 19, 2005

I noticed he took them off for his song and they were back on after the commerical break, when they announced who was going home. I think they hid his emotion too.

3. tracieteaches

tracieteaches Companion

May 19, 2005

The Apprentice

Who will win? Book Smarts or Street Smarts? Tana or Kendra? I am psyched. It is like the SuperBowl around here!!

4. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 20, 2005

Before the show last night, I was thinking that perhaps my previous post comment on class vs. trash was a bit intense. Well, that thought quickly went away when the show started. Tana's behavior almost made me feel sorry for her. Anyway.... GO KENDRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 20, 2005

YEAH KENDRA!!! Watching it last night made me confirm why I switched my vote to Kendra. Come one-they didn't want the brochure just because it was a circle. Kendra put more heart and soul into it than she did. Anyone can say "Lets make it a circle". I loved how the audience booed-he he!! I would have liked to hear more about how Tana's teammates/employees felt about her.

6. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 20, 2005

One more week of AI and then I'll have to enter a rehab center for reality withdrawl. Does anyone watch Big Brother? I'm a little embarassed to admit it's one of my favorites.

7. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 20, 2005

That's ok, I watch the Real World/Road Rules challenges on MTV. That's equally as embarrassing to admit.

8. tracieteaches

tracieteaches Companion

May 20, 2005

I don't blame Tana for wanting the credit for the car brochure idea since that is really what made Kendra a star in Trump's eyes. In fact, I thought the audience was booing Kendra for previously taking all the credit on that task. However, Tana and Craig were sleeping while Kendra did the work that night.

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 21, 2005

When does Big Brother start? I can't wait. Okay, here's the most embarrassing - America's Next Top Model! Love it.

10. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

May 21, 2005

There was no excuse for the way Tana spoke about her staff! Imagine working for her - she made Amorosa(?) look nice!

11. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 23, 2005

tracieteaches- you must have been watching a different show than I was! I llike America's Top Model, too. It's so interesting to see how they do all those fashion shoots. I think Big Bro starts in July. That is my summer guilty pleasure.

12. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 23, 2005

tracieteaches- I agree about the brochure. I think that made Kendra look very impressive since Pontiac wanted to use it.

Upsdaisy- I watched America's next Top Model as well.

I haven't seen any posts about the Contender...but that finale is also this week!!!!

13. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

May 23, 2005

Apprentice - I definitely think that Kendra was the better choice. But, I was surprised at the tasks that Trump had for these two women - managing a beauty pageant and remodeling a house. That does not seem equal to the jobs offered in the former two contests. Of course, those jobs went to men! Hmmm.

14. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 23, 2005

Glenda- I'm sure you weren't surprised with what each chose... I almost died of laughter when they started showing the pagent.

I also agree with the former contestants jobs...building different things. It would have been interesting to see which a male contestant would have chose....hmmmm working with beautiful women from around the world or with "guys" at a house!?!? :)

15. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

May 23, 2005

That goofy Book Smarts guy with the guitar (can't remember his name) would have been ideal to work on the beauty pageant. :)

16. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 23, 2005

I also thought that the jobs offered were a bit girly and sexist. I don't think they would have given the same job offers to a male contestant. I wouldn't doubt if they knew ahead of time that they wanted a girl to win because of the last two being males (higher ratings) and picked two jobs that a monkey could have done just in case they got stuck with two people who didn't know their elbow from you know what.

17. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 23, 2005

Does anyone watch Desperate Housewives? I have to confess I am hooked on that too. Not a reality show per say, but oh so true in so many ways.

18. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 23, 2005

gigi...you bet!!!

19. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

May 23, 2005

Do you honestly think Rex has died in Desperate Housewives??

20. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

May 23, 2005

I missed the part in the hospital , when I came back she was crying at the table what happened!!! did he die????

21. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

May 23, 2005

Supposedly the doctor called and told his wife that Rex had died! But right before that I think the doctor was telling Rex that his being sick was suspicious, so I think the doctor and Rex have cooked something up to make her think he has died.

22. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 24, 2005

He died for sure. The actor that plays him was on GMA yesterday and confirmed he had been killed off.

AI tonight... go CARRIE!

23. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 24, 2005

Rex was killed off, I am thinking next season there will be an inquest because the doctor was suspicious of Bree trying to poison Rex. Oh that evil pharmacist!!!

Ya, tonight AI, hope the cable stays on, lots of wind and rain here!

24. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

May 24, 2005

AI Update-
    Wow both did very good! Everytime I think Carrie will win Bo sings a great song and I am still up in the air on who will win!!
    They are both so talented!
    Thanks teacher333 for the recap on desperate housewieves! Its to bad they killed off Rex!

25. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 25, 2005

I thought that both Bo and Carrie were not at their best - their voices seemed strained and off-key, not really surprising with all they have been doing in the last months. Both will do well with recording contracts, I am sure. Carrie has more vocal talent, though, I believe.

26. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 25, 2005

I agree Upsadaisy. I can imagine they were really nervous, too. They are both so talented, but I'd really like to see Carrie win.

27. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 25, 2005

It really did show that they were both nervous, and I don't blame them!
    They are both deserving of the win, 2nd place isn't too shabby, Clay Akin is doing well.

28. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 25, 2005

CARRIE won!

Oh well... Bo will get a contract... no doubt! :)

Lori

29. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 25, 2005

Oh... I think I heard that Carrie had an ear infection she was battling and Bo had food poisoning. So that was why both were under the weather last night...

Lori

30. AMK

AMK Aficionado

May 25, 2005

I am THRILLED that Carrie won. She has a great voice and so does Bo

31. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 26, 2005

Yeah! AI finally got it right. Can't wait to buy her first CD.

32. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 26, 2005

I was happy America chose the right one?!?

Ok...Who thinks Paula would be better suited to judge the dancing idol?!? Not that I didn't love her music in 80s, but she's known for her dancing.

33. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 26, 2005

Yes, I stand corrected. But we all know that the AI judges sway the votes, especially Simon.

34. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 26, 2005

I really liked the little skit the judges did in "support" of Paula.... It must have been nice for her to know she had that support.

35. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 26, 2005

Randy dressed up as his parents was funny. It was quite the slam on Corey Clark.

36. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 29, 2005

I thought that was a great skit. Now what do we all do now that AI is over?

37. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

May 29, 2005

Now there is a new show with all old groups competing against each other, I think, especially one-hit wonders, on the same station. Also, a show with celebs dancing with professional dancers, competing against each other, like ballroom dancing.

38. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 30, 2005

I saw that commercial about the dancing one. I think that's pretty lame. They're thinking of anything they can in reality it's ridiculous! The one with the old groups I may watch because it's music. It looks like something thay may get old quick though. I'll probably end up eating my words later if either of them become hits. Did anyone see the one with Jerry Hall and picking some guy?!?!? What in the world is that!?!?

39. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

May 30, 2005

I have not seen that one. I know there is one with the Hilton mom trying to "civilize" some people who are not as "classy" as the Hiltons, I think the same network as AI.

I just saw advertised on Fox that the new reality show is "So You Think You Can Dance?", like AI but people who want to be dancers.

40. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 31, 2005

The new show with Tommy Hillfigger looks pretty good. Big Brother starts in early July. A break from reality shows is good for me. I have lots of end of the year school stuff to take care of.