Reality shows

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by diggerdeb, Mar 25, 2005.

1. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 16, 2005

I agree I wasn't real impressed with Tana, but I think her task was a LOT MORE DEMANDING!!! Her team was physically in charge of more people!!!! I didn't like the fact that the bio thing was completely put on her, but I also think if she couldn't proof it than someone else on the team should have!!!! I also think Kendra did a lot of stuff on her own, so I don't know if that shows a "real team player" either.

I believe the finale is live again!!!!

2. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 16, 2005

Who else should they have blamed for the bios? As team leader she should have checked every detail herself...especially the most important. I disagree about the level of difficulty. I don't think we saw as much of Kendra's task because Tana's was a mess and that was better TV. How about when she waited for her employees to leave so she could make her grand entrance? Please! I'll be sick if they hire Tana.

3. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 16, 2005

I totally agree about the entrance/exit thing. Who does she think she is, Trump Jr. or something? This last episode totally changed my mind about who I think should win. I really wanted Tana, but after seeing all of that, I think Kendra has the all around better package. I think they made Tana's task look harder, but I doubt that she was given every objective of the task to handle. I am sure they made it fair somehow. Tana was just so unprofessional. GO KENDRA!

4. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 16, 2005

Labs...we are in a different world as teachers...do you think every CEO out there proofs everything. I think about even in the school system does the principals have the super. proof everything....probably not. That is why you delegate jobs that's why your a "team" leader.

I do agree Tana had some VERY unprofessional moments (like the exiting thing & pretzels), but there were times that Kendra did as well....showing up late & thinking PS would like the way she had things set up!!!

I don't know who should win they both have different qualities.

5. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 16, 2005

I may have missed the pretzel thing-what happend? I agree with you Diznee, about the proof reading. Why delegate tasks to people if the boss is just going to end up hovering over their shoulders? When you delegate tasks you have to make sure you trust the people to handle it accordingly. I just wonder if it was a "sabotage" ordeal with the bios incident. Honestly, who in their right mind would have thought that was ok to print?

6. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 16, 2005

You're right ..in the real world. But this is a competition and she was working with people that she knew were irresponsible and hard to manage!
    I would never send anything home to parents without proofing it myself. Tana is talented, obviously. In my oppinion she isn't executive material.

7. tracieteaches

tracieteaches Companion

May 16, 2005

Yes, when Tana started talking about lipstick, I cringed! And I think she should lose just based on the way she held back because she thought she was too good to walk out with her employees! Get over yourself already.

8. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

May 16, 2005

I think Tana's job was alot harder than the other girl! However she began to unravel a bit.
    When the women commented on Tana talking about her team mates it made me think of how many times I vent to people not even realizing it make me look kind of weak!

9. tracieteaches

tracieteaches Companion

May 16, 2005

I agree wholeheartedly with the last post. At least we aren't venting and unraveling on national t.v., but through the grapevine is probably almost as close!

10. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 16, 2005

It does open your eyes and make your think. Good point lovelabs about knowing her team mates inabilities. Talented and being exectutive material are two different things. I loved the look on Tana's face when she heard that Kendra's task when really well and that her employees were great! I also loved the look on Kendra's face in the board room when she heard about Tana's bios. I still don't know the pretzel story!!! What happend with the pretzels?

11. tracieteaches

tracieteaches Companion

May 16, 2005

The Pretzel Charade

Tana carried home a big tub of pretzels because she bought them. I don't think that was so bad. I was a BIG Tana fan until this last episode. And delegation is delegation, but she knew that her team might sabotage her. She was ultimately responsible for proofing the bios. Wow! I am a micromanager!!!

12. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 16, 2005

Classy Tana had a bowl of pretzels in her hand as she was leaving. She laughed and said something like, "Oh, I still have my pretzels.Well, I paid for the bit**ches, so I'm taking 'em with me. It was crass, and just another indication of how she would fare as a Trump exec.

13. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 16, 2005

I loved the big bowl of pretzels & champagne (SP?) in the limo!!!! NICE?!?
    I do think it stinks that in the your stuck with all bad employees, you could throw in one worker!!!!

It will be interesting how it plays out!!!!

NOT A REALITY SHOW, BUT...
    I read today that the show American Dreams is being cancelled!!!! I'm really bummed. I liked that show for it's family insight into the days my mom grew up in!!!! What a BUMMER!!! :(

14. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 16, 2005

OH-DUH! That pretzel comment! I forgot about that. That was another unprofessional thing to say. I wouldn't care about taking the pretzels, but opening up her mouth to say that made her look even worse than before. About the bios, even though you have to trust the people you hand the responsibility to, I am such a control freak that I would have wanted to read then before they went to print. I still believe that someone set her up with that bio crud. Any idiot would have known not to write that about someone. Maybe that dark haired chick (what was her name?) was jealous that she wasn't in Tana's spot?!? She was the one responsible for the bios correct?

15. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 16, 2005

Frogs...yes Christine ( I don't know if I spelled it right) was in charge of the bios!!! I do agree she was probably jealous!!!

16. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 17, 2005

Jealous or more likely lazy. She had that printed exactly as it was handed to her. Tana should have checked it. Sometimes I think instead of calling it book smarts vs. street smarts, it should be class vs. trash. Everyone on both teams was smart or they wouldn't made it there. It doesn't take a degree to show poise and respect for others.

17. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 17, 2005

OK!!! Back to AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!

BO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! :)

I like Carrie and Vonzell, too... but BO ROCKS!!!!

Lori

18. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

May 17, 2005

I've been a Bo fan from the beginning, but he just blew me away tonight!

19. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 18, 2005

I agree! It was Bo's night!! And what a night...........whew!

20. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 18, 2005

I have to agree. Oh my gosh , when he sang a cappella I had chills. I still like Carrie, si I hope it's Vonzelle that goes home.

21. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 18, 2005

I do think it will be Vonzell that goes tonite. I think Carrie did the best. I wasn't real impressed with Bo's "Satisfaction". I thought that was his weakest.

It'll be interesting... Anyone notice Ryan making sure everyone had Vonzell's #s right after the commercial!?!? I didn't notice a mistake before, but something much of happened to make him resay the #s.

22. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 18, 2005

I'm sad! I missed the whole episode while I was at Home Depot:(

23. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 18, 2005

FrogsPond..Bummer they did 3 songs last nite!!!! We watched it on the big screen so we could split AI with the country music awards!!!!

24. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 18, 2005

I just had to get out of my house so I went to Home Depot to buy flowers and plants. I didn't even think about AI while I was there I was just so determined to leave my jail cell that I am stuck in M-F. If it crossed my mind I wouldn't have went-big bummer! Who flopped and who was awesome. I'll bet Anthony was shaky and Bo and Carrie were great? Vonzel-somewhere in between?

25. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 18, 2005

Anthony was voted out last week.

26. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 18, 2005

AHHHHH! Oops! Shows how much I've been paying attention! I forgot. I haven't been paying as much attention to AI as I'd like to this year. Too much going on right now. I do remember Anthony getting the boot now-Duh me!

27. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 18, 2005

I'm with ya. Sometimes I don't even know my own name! Ha! They all did well, Bo was probably the best. I think Vonzelle will go. And Frogspond, I feel very comfortable...... sorry, couldn't resist.<grin>

28. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 18, 2005

;) Thanks, Lovelabs:)

29. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 18, 2005

Frogs, my dad said Scott will go... haha. I said he's been gone for a couple of weeks. I said oh yeah!!! He didn't watch either, he watched the Country Awards.

30. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 18, 2005

My mom and dad actually wanted Scott to win because he was the underdog!!! Ha!

31. tracieteaches

tracieteaches Companion

May 18, 2005

I am ALWAYS for the underdog, but I don't even watch that show. I am anxiously awaiting the final board room tomorrow night!

32. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 18, 2005

I thought Carrie was the best. I am pretty tired of Bo strutting around with the mike stand in his hands. What's up with that?

33. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 18, 2005

It's his rocker image. I love Carrie as well and hope it comes down to Carrie and Bo. Let's hope tonight is his night again!

34. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 18, 2005

Vonzell is gone. The top 3 were good this year! :) She will go far! They are all so different in style, so they will please everyone with their music!

Lori

(go BO!!!)

35. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 19, 2005

Love both Carrie and Bo, the best is saved for last. (GO BO!)

36. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 19, 2005

Yahoo! AI finally got it right. Love 'em both, but think Carrie fits the Idol mold better.

37. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 19, 2005

I really like Bo, but those GOSH DARN GLASSES again!!! I don't like him in them and think they're ugly. I'd be happy with either one of them winning because they're both different than past winners.

38. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 19, 2005

Frogs...I couldn't agree with you more about those UGLY GLASSES!!! He looks like a bug!!!! Do you think he wears to look more "rockerish" or so when they announce whose going you can't see his emotions (not that guys are real emotional, but the eyes tell a lot!!)

Labs...I also agree with Carrie fitting the Idol role better...no skeletons have come out of her closet...yet!!!!

39. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 19, 2005

I think Bo is going for a gimmick or something. You know, like Nelly and his band-aid thing, or something like that. Something that will get people to remember him by. Trend setting I guess you could say.

I think that made sense.

40. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 19, 2005

It made sense, but he did take them off to do his slow song...so I'm not really sure what he's trying to do.

Did you know the band aid (I heard) had something to do with a friend of his in jail? Didn't Nelly lose his sister about a month or so ago to a disease?