Reality shows

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by diggerdeb, Mar 25, 2005.

1. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

May 10, 2005

Amazing Race! How exciting! I am surprised that Uchenna and Joyce won, especially when they had no money for the final leg of the race. Having the cab driver find out that "the king" is "el rey" in Spanish - won them the race. That, and never giving up the faith!

2. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

May 10, 2005

I'm so proud of them... and you could tell the rest of the contestants (the ones who had lost earlier legs) were SO happy and proud of them... it was nice to see them genuinely happy that they'd won.

Good for them!

:)

3. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

May 10, 2005

I wonder how the other contestants would have acted if Rob and Amber had come in first??

4. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

May 10, 2005

Hmmm.... judging by how many pleas of "uchenna and joyce, please uchenna and joyce" I heard as they approached the mat, my guess is the "I'm supposed to be happy and cheer for you" act, not the "I'm so glad it was you and not someone else" response. ;)

5. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

May 10, 2005

I was so happy to see them win. They really deserved it. I'm glad it wasn't Rob and Amber. I am not a fan of how Rob chose to play the game. It was hilarious seeing their faces when Joyce and Uchenna walked onto that plane!

6. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

May 11, 2005

That was funny! Rob and Amber thought that the flight was closed and they had won the race! Then there are Uchenna and Joyce to join them!

I could not believe that Rob and Amber went to the wrong spot when Amber was supposed to jump off of the bridge.

I was just sure that Rob and Amber were going to drive up outside the final stop, while Uchenna and Joyce were begging for money. I wonder what the real time difference was between the two teams coming to the end.

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 11, 2005

Okay, now who's going on AI tonight?? I think Vonzelle.

8. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

May 11, 2005

I know, I was getting antsy going.."you are about to get a million dollars..let him run with you!"

9. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 11, 2005

Who will go on Idol tonight? And what was wrong with Vonzell? I am thinking she has a chance of going tonight. Big outpouring of support for Paula.

10. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 11, 2005

I was happy for Luchenna and Joyce, even though Rob and Amber played a better game. I don't think the reactions from the others would have been the same had Rob and Amber won. It's hard to be happy for someone you're jealous of. Thank goodness the obnoxious "boyfriends" didn't place.

I thought Anthony was better last night. I think Vonzell will go. I hope she's okay. Carrrie and Bo were great.

11. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 11, 2005

Labs, I agree I'm glad Uchenna & Joyce won so they can start their family after their struggles.

I'm not sure who will go on AI...I think they all had a difficult time with at least one song.

12. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 11, 2005

ANTHONY got the boot on AI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you know it had to be him or Vonzell. I wonder if her crying spell after the first song helped any? Anyone know why she had a bad day yesterday?

Lori

13. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

May 11, 2005

I hated to see Anthony go. I really like him better than Vonzell. He is more consistent. If it is based on talent it will definitely be Bo or Carrie. (Of course that is just my opinion! :D)

14. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 11, 2005

I don't think Bo is really that talented. Anthony had a pretty voice - he was just too something ... don't know what. But I think he had talent. Carrie should win. I'm quite sick of Vonzelle's family already so ....

15. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 12, 2005

I didn't want Anthony to go either, I enjoyed hearing him sing. Carrie was really sobbing during his exit song, at one point she mouthed I love you....
    It must be hard after being together all these months. You know Carrie will go next week, even though I really think she is good.

16. AMK

AMK Aficionado

May 12, 2005

Wait have I missed something....Anthony and Carrie are together????

17. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 12, 2005

It sure seemed that way, I could be wrong, but the camera focused on Carrie and she was sobbing, and mouthed I love you.

18. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 12, 2005

gigi,
    What makes you think Carrie will go? I'm betting on Vonzelle. As far as the Carrie/Anthony thing...They show his girlfiend in the audience every week, although I don't remember seeing her last night. I think they're all very close after all this time together.

19. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 12, 2005

Daisy...Anthony I think is just to "common"!!! There are many singers like him. I was sorta happy to see Anthony go.. I know he had a rough beginning but I'm tired of seeing the trach hole (I don't mean that to be insensitive or mean). If you noticed he always wore his shirts during competition so you could see it and then at kick off most of the time he wore a little bit higher necked shirts...just an observation.
    I'm betting on Vonzelle leaving next week as well. I just have a feeling it will be Bo at the end because there hasn't been a male "rocker" win the competition.

Who will be the apprentice?!? I hoping for Tana!!!!

20. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 12, 2005

Is that finale tonight? I liked Tana until she took all the credit for Kendra's win as PM. My vote is with Kendra. Either way...you go girls!

21. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 12, 2005

The finale is next week... I thought it was tonite with so many shows have finales.

Which one did Tana take credit for?!? I've seen them all just got them all mixed up!!!

22. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 12, 2005

The brochure for car, I think. It was the episode where Tana was immune and basically did nothing for the entire task.

23. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 12, 2005

I agree about Anthony. There really isn't anything about him that stands out that you can call original or unique. He reminds me of someone who should be on Broadway actually. I like Bo because he's a rocker and Carrie because she's country. They both have something that nobody else has had who has won this competition. I don't think Carrie will go next week because of her consistancy with picking good songs and being in tune. I like Vonzel, but we had Fantasia win last year and they both have that same gospel Whitney Houston thing going on. We need someone different. Just my two cents.

PS: I am rooting for Tana, but somehow I think Kendra will win.

24. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 12, 2005

That's the one both Craig & Tana were not doing an all nighter.
    If I remember right Tana did do a lot of work with the photo shoot, just didn't put the brouchure together. I have to agree some people are all night people & some need sleep & get up early to start their day....all part of managing the people.

25. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 12, 2005

Yes, that part was fine, but when it came to the oral presentation, she jumped right and starting talking- interrupting Kendra. It was unprofessional, not to mention rude!

26. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 12, 2005

I didn't see that episode, but that would be rude. I just like the fact that she represents an average "joe" who has accomplished great achievements without having a college education.

27. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 12, 2005

No doubt about that.

28. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 12, 2005

I'll give ya the rude part... but they all sorta just jump in & it doesn't matter who they are talking over. I think that's just part of everything they are trying to do with impressing everyone.

Frogspond. I agree with you & wonder what color car she has....pink maybe?!?! ha ha

29. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 12, 2005

He he! That makes total sense, what you just said. They are all out for the same job and only one will make it so they have to push themselves to shine amongst everyone else. It's funny how they are so nice to eachothers faces, and then when they get into the board room the gloves come off. I also think Craig treated Kendra way worse than Tana every has. I think he was just jealous of her being so young, educated, and bright. He did treat her like she was 12. Tana at least talks to her like an adult.

30. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 12, 2005

Isn't Tana the top cosmetic salesperson for her area or something like that!?!? Is it Avon or Mary Kay!?!? I like to think she's cruzin in a pink caddy!!!! ha ha

Craig & Kendra certainly didn't like one another. Although I did feel bad for Craig on the whole box thing for Home Depot!!!! I was glad he stuck with his decision!!!!

31. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 12, 2005

I believe it is Mary Kay! I also think she's the top salesperson for more than just her division. I think it's one of the top in the company. I could be wrong.

32. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 13, 2005

Okay! After watching last night's Apprentice, I don't think I want Tana to win anymore. I was really expecting her to kick butt, but she was horrible, not to mention, extremely unprofessional! I can't believe some of the things that came out of her mouth! I laughed when she said the "3 Stooges" line, but I didn't know there would be even more rude comments to come. And did you hear what she said when she was seeing her "employees" off? She thought she was "too exectutive" to walk out with them?!?! Come on, she needs to get over herself! That is not how a boss treats their employees. At least Kendra treated her staff like human beings. I also can't believe how she treated the mayors assistant (or whoever he was). I can understand that the guy was annoying and it wasn't the end of the world that the mayor wasn't treated like royalty, but the way she handled it was totally unprofessional. I CHANGE MY MIND!!! GO KENDRA!

33. tracieteaches

tracieteaches Companion

May 13, 2005

Apprentice Fans Unite!

How does everyone feel about Tana's loss? My take is that she did blow it, but I thought her task was mucher harder than Kendra's. What do you think?

34. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 13, 2005

I thought her task was quite a bit harder. I was thinking of that too. I also think though that Tana's event was bigger, but at the same time, what was all done previous to her getting the task handed to her? I don't think she did "everything" herself. Whereas, Kendra I think had a lot more to do herself. Does that make sense? I'm not sure I explained that correctly.

35. tracieteaches

tracieteaches Companion

May 13, 2005

Yes, FP. I think I do understand that she must not have started THAT project from scratch. One of her mistakes, I think, was completely understandable--I would not have looked through the flags to make sure the American flag was present. I would have assumed, too, that it was there. However, I certainly would have approved of the flyer of athletes' bios prior to sending it off to the printer. And why didn't she have her time schedule in hand before folks started to arrive? Those two items seem like the most important aspects of the task!

36. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 13, 2005

I agree. The flags, I would have assumed also. The bios though-BIG OOPS! I bet Kendra started laughing after she heard that.

37. AMK

AMK Aficionado

May 13, 2005

I am sure Kendra will win.

38. tracieteaches

tracieteaches Companion

May 13, 2005

I am alittle confused now about how they proceed to judge from here because this is the only season that I have ever watched. Do they decide on this one task, or do they look at their overall performance?

39. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 13, 2005

Usually overall. Last year was a live version. They interviewed people who they worked with in the past and past contestants. It's interesting.

40. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 16, 2005

GO KENDRA! If that episode didn't prove that Tana isn't up to playing with the big girls- I don't know what would. That was embarassing!