Reality shows

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by diggerdeb, Mar 25, 2005.

1. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Apr 30, 2005

I've liked Tom from the beginning even though I was pulling for the other team (how could you help it...they were such underdogs!)

2. aussiejen

aussiejen Rookie

May 1, 2005

When I came across this thread I was very excited!

I lOVE reality TV!

Amazing Race is definitely my favourite! So I was very excited to start reading your comments. I was thinking that they weren't making much sense - then I realised you were talking about the next series. We have only just found out that Freddy and Kendra won the $. The new series hasn't even started yet here - 4 more sleeps!!!

So I am not reading any more - until half way through the new series when I can't stand it any more and I'll ask you all what happens! - We're probably so far behind that you won't even remember what I'm talking about!!!!

3. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

May 1, 2005

I love Amazing Race, too! I think that the challenges are very interesting. They always come up with new things to do that relate to the area that the contestants are visiting. Plus, I enjoy the host. I have heard about his NOW program - No Opportunity Wasted. He is a very positive person.

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 1, 2005

I love seeing the local atmosphere in each of the countries they visit - much more so than watching a travel/tourist type of show.

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 4, 2005

I think it's Anthony's turn to leave AI tonite!!! I'm not a fan of Scott's, but he did sing pretty well last nite!!!!

6. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 4, 2005

I thought Carrie was fabulous. I still think Scott should go. I hear Anthony has a strong fan base.

7. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 4, 2005

Anthony wasn't that great... Scott apparently has a strong fan base, too... He did do better, but I still don't like him. I figure it will be between Anthony and Vonzell. She wasn't at her best even tho she was good.

I wonder what was in Simon's drink... he was unusually nice last night... LOL

GO BO!!!!

Ooooooooooooooh! Let me tell y'all this. When we do the days of the week, I'll ask "who watched American Idol last night?" 3 will say ME!! ME!!

I asked "Did you vote for Bo?" "NO!!!!!!!!!" "Did you vote for Carrie?" "YES!!!!!!!" Funny... got one boy to say no... then he said "MAMA!" LOL I guess he thinks he mom sings better. :)

Lori

8. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 4, 2005

I think Bo is a wonderful performer, but I have a problem with someone that has been arrested twice for cocaine possession becoming an American "Idol". Kids these days need good, solid role models. I admire the fact he did get help, but....something about it just doesn't sit well with me. I'll sure he'll do well, even if he doesn't win.

9. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 4, 2005

I think I am undecided between Anthony and Vonzell leaving tonight. I like Anthony's voice, but Poison Ivy wasn't a choice for him. Scott did well, as did Bo and Carrie. I get all choked up no matter who leaves at this point, but they have a great future ahead of them. I wondered last night how many talent scouts were in the audience?

10. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 4, 2005

True, gigi. Great opportunities could be coming their way - all. I think Anthony should be going, Scott next, then Bo. I don't think any of them looks like, thinks like, acts like, a pop idol.

11. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 4, 2005

Tonight Primetime is showing "Fallen Idol" at 10pm. Too late for me, so I will record it. Supposedly about a Idol named Corey who was let go from AI due to arrest record? Affair with Paula? OY!

12. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 4, 2005

Woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!

SCOTT IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOT DIGITY DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not the slightest bit excited about that... LOL!!

13. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 4, 2005

Anyone else want to vote off Ryan Seacrest? He makes me nauseous.

14. glitzern02

glitzern02 Companion

May 4, 2005

YAY!! Scott is gone!! I know it's mean, but it was about time...

15. AMK

AMK Aficionado

May 4, 2005

When Scott sang tonight I knew he was going home. Did you see when he went over the couch he said thank god he thought he was safe but I knew it was going to be b/w those two. Next week it probably will be Anthony

16. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 5, 2005

Scott is gone, I think Anthony is next. I won't miss Scott's attitude, but his voice.

17. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 5, 2005

Yahooooo! No more Scott!

18. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 5, 2005

I agree!!!! I though it was kinda funny that Scott thought he was safe. I was just getting sick of his "almighty" attitude!!!! I was a little surprised that he left this week because I thought he did sing better than Anthony, but you know Anthony must be sweating because the clock is ticking LOUD & CLEAR for his time to end!!!!

Anyone watch the fallen idol?!? Just curious what you thought. I think it's bunch of bs!!! I didn't know that Corey has a book and record coming out shortly!!!! Plus, the song he was singing about Paula was a little over the top!!! They kept talking about the security around he "idols" none of them noticed him being gone all nite or even interviewed!!!!

Last edited: May 5, 2005
  19. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 5, 2005

I have taped Fallen Idol, will watch it tonight. Have seen pieces of the interview on tv.

20. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 5, 2005

I do like Kendra, but for some reason I'd like to see Tana win. I think she went a little nuts over the stupid bedazzler thing, but I like her. I don't think Craig as a chance. He's too cocky and treats everyone like they're below him.

21. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 5, 2005

I watched a little bit of the Fallen Idol. I think it's a crock! It just doesn't all add up. I think Corey paid his friends to say that stuff and it's too much of a coisidence that he has a book and CD coming out. I wont believe it unless Paula admits to it.

22. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 5, 2005

If Paula was going to have a fling with one of them, you would think she could have picked someone cuter... with a less cockier attitude... who else was in that bunch of Idol wannabes? I can't remember the other guys that were in it. Was that the bunch Josh Gracin was in?

Lori

23. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 5, 2005

No, I think Josh was the season before. I hear you on the cute thing. He's not all that great to look at. I would even take Clay over him! At least he's nice.

Was it me, or did anyone else find Bo's sunglasses really lame last night? I like Bo, but those sunglasses were too wierd on him.

24. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 5, 2005

I'm with you, Upsadaisy. Ryan is obnoxious. I really hope Carrie wins, and that's coming from a rock fan.

25. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 5, 2005

Ryan who?

26. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 5, 2005

OK, never mind. You mean Ryan Seacrest-DUH!!!

27. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 5, 2005

My fault...I didn't express very clearly. I made it sound like he was a contestant.

28. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 5, 2005

That's ok. I didn't put 2 and 2 together very quickly. I do think Ryan Seacrest is pretty annoying. He never use to be until he started trying to come up with dumb ways of "suspensing" people. He tries to be way too comical as well.

29. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

May 5, 2005

I also think that the paula scandle is a crock.....why didnt he say anything years ago??? It seems a little too odd for me!!

30. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 5, 2005

Josh Gracin was from AI this year, a Marine I think. I saw him perform recently and he is doing very well. I haven't watched Fallen Idol yet, I taped it, but from the pieces I have seen it is bogus. I saw a clip from Simon and he said they loved it, like fertilizer for the show. Every morning he gets up and can't wait to hear the gossip about Idol. Good for ratings?

31. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 5, 2005

Josh Gracin does have a recording contract now. He's the country singer from the season with Clay and Reuben, season 2. Yes, he is a Marine.

32. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 5, 2005

FrogsPond, Josh Gracin is now a discharged Marine. We have his cd it's pretty good!!!! He sang the nat'l anthem at a free concert here last year & is now comin back to perform.

I hope Tana wins as well!!!

33. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 5, 2005

I don't know what it is about Tana, but I like her. I think it's just her overall attitude and likability. I have heard Josh sing on his new CD and I actually think he's quite good. I don't think he was able to show off his talents enough on his season. That's one reason I want Bo or Carrie to win this year. They both have something different that nobody else has, who has already won.

34. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 5, 2005

On Apprentice tonight Craig really showed his inability to communicate. That's why he was out. I just don't think Tana is professional enough to win.

35. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 6, 2005

I think Kendra will win..I hope.

36. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 10, 2005

Great night for reality TV. I always enjoy the finale of Amazing Race. Go Amber and Rob! I'm curious to see what the theme is for AI. I'm glad some these shows are winding down. I need to get some housework done! Ha!

37. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 10, 2005

Lovelabs,
    It's a good thing those shows are on at different times!!!! I am curious what the theme will be as well. Did they do movie soundtracks yet...I can't remember.

38. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

May 10, 2005

I don't think so. That would be interesting. Did you watch last year? They did different composers' songs. That was fun.

39. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 10, 2005

Yeah, I'm surprised no "guest" judges this year during comp.
    They did composer last week. I did like the songs off current lists.

40. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

May 10, 2005

I'm expecting Rob and Amber to win tonight, but I'm hoping that Uchenna and Joyce get it... they're such a cute couple, and anyone who's brave enough to shave her head like she did deserves to win. ;)