Reality shows

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by diggerdeb, Mar 25, 2005.

1. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2005

Thank you!

2. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Apr 20, 2005

I CAN'T believe that Anwar got kicked off. He is a teacher from my area and I know his school and students were so excited about him being on the show. Plus I thought he was really good. I can't believe it

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 20, 2005

I am devastated. I love Anwar's voice and think he is the most talented. None of the other guys has his ability.

4. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Apr 20, 2005

I Agree!

5. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Apr 20, 2005

WHEN IS SCOTT GOING TO GO!?!? I think we need to vote on who we want off... LOL

Lori

6. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Apr 20, 2005

My mom thought for sure he was going to go, gosh I only wish, :)

7. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Apr 20, 2005

I know! I can't believe Anwar went before Scott! How does he keep surviving...wait, I know...Simon! He is so rude to Scott everyone votes for him just to prove Simon wrong. I liked Anthony at first, but not so much any more. I still like Constantine, but they really need to lighten up on the eye make-up on him. I'm a Bo girl, though. I really really like him.

8. gigi

gigi Groupie

Apr 21, 2005

We noticed Constantine's eye makeup last night too! I thought Anwar was much better than Carrie. I love her voice, but the song she choose was not for her and I was sure she would be voted off. Anwar will get picked up by a recording studio right away. On Good Morning America Josh Grayson, the Marine that was voted off early in the show, performed. He has a contract and I thought was very good.

9. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 25, 2005

It just wasn't a good week for me and who I cheer for on the reality shows.
    1st Anwar....I agree what happened to voting off Scott!!!!
    ~Make-up thing...1st Anthony started using it heavy and then Constatine...did he think it would make him look more "rocker"?!?

Last nite...probably not too many fans, but Ishe was beat on the Contender.

Hope Scott gets voted off this week to turn it around!!!

10. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Apr 26, 2005

I"m looking forward to Idol and Amazing Race tonight. I'm hoping Scott finally goes home this week and that Amber and Rob keep going strong. I must say I really admire the lady who shaved her head. I'm too vain to do that.. million dollars or not!

11. gigi

gigi Groupie

Apr 26, 2005

I am looking forward to Idol tonight also. Hopefully the theme will be something upbeat and swinging! Think Anthony or Scott will get voted off. Let Bo and Constantine leave the makeup off and the night will be great!

12. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Apr 26, 2005

I wish they'd do the ninety's!

13. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Apr 26, 2005

Well, if all goes well, Scott should be gone. His performance was the worse tonight, I think. Constantine's wasn't that great either.

BO... now Bo! Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm. :) He did great! Anthony did better than usually. Vonzell did great. Carrie, I really didn't care for her song pick.

Lori

14. gigi

gigi Groupie

Apr 27, 2005

I agree, although I am worried about Constantine, he really didn't do that well with that song choice. He is a favorite, so maybe that will save him. You know, Scott has a nice voice, it's his attitude that gets in the way. Carrie's song choice could hurt. And she has a great voice. I would LOVE for Bo to win this..........am I too old to lust after a rocker? Guess not as long as it's from my living room! hehe!!

15. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 27, 2005

I don't think many of them did very well. You guys are definitely lusting after a rocker! He seems like a nice guy but I don't think the talent is there (as pop star). Anthony did the best he's ever done - and I'm not a fan of his. Scott is gone. Vonzell is very talented and beautiful. Yes, gigi, Carrie's song was a very poor choice. She is very talented and beautiful, also. Sigh .... I'm just missing Anwar.

16. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Apr 27, 2005

Constantine, oh Constantine! Hey FOX, I want my NIckleback!

I know, that was bad.

17. gigi

gigi Groupie

Apr 27, 2005

Anwar will do the summer tour and oh,the opportunities that are coming his way. At this stage of the game no one is a loser, the contracts will be coming in. I thought with the theme for the night the songs would be great, I am surprised at the song choices. Anthony did do well, he is a "crooner".

18. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Apr 27, 2005

SPOILER ALERT!!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Keep scrolling!!!

CONSTANTINE IS GONE!!!

I'm stunned!!!! Scott needs to go soooooooooooo badly!!!

I think we need to vote for someone to GET OFF OF THE SHOW!

Lori

19. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 27, 2005

I am in shock. Constantine has been such a crowd (ie, ladies) pleaser. Scott just doesn't have any appealing qualities whatsoever. Strange. I don't think a rocker can win this, anyway.

20. sdhudgins

sdhudgins Comrade

Apr 27, 2005

I couldn't believe Constantine left!
    Scott does have a decent voice.. I actually close my eyes and do not watch his performance now... I could listen to him sing for hourse.. PUHLEASE don't makeme watch or listen to him speak though!

I want Bo to win....

21. glitzern02

glitzern02 Companion

Apr 27, 2005

Yeah, I was completely shocked about Constantine as well. Although he wasn't my favorite, I honestly think he's alot better than Scott. Grrrr!! My roommate and I were screaming and going crazy about that! When is he going to go? He seems like a nice day, but I just laugh whenever he performs for some reason. It's just so awkward. Oh well, maybe next week...

I am starting to get kinda disappointed with Carrie lately for some reason. She is still my favorite, but I think she just needs to pick some better songs. We'll see what happens. Maybe Vonzel can give her some good competetion. I think she's pretty good too.

22. gigi

gigi Groupie

Apr 28, 2005

I wasn't surprised after Constantine's performance Tuesday. I just had that feeling.... I was thinking Scott was going too. What I feel is happening, is that people are voting based on Tuesday's song. I didn't vote Tuesday night, now I feel bad. I want Bo to win soooo bad.
    Now, what about Paula's reaction? I know she gets close to the Idols, but did you see all those tears? I have been telling my family for weeks, that she looks strange, she acts the same, but her face looks different. Puffy, etc. What do you think? Anyone notice it, or is it just me?

23. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Apr 28, 2005

Yes, I did notice! I don't think she's been the same since the hit and run. I'm shocked that Constantine went home. I want Scott to go. I like Bo too. Did you guys see that ABC Primetime is having a Idol tell all? I'm not sure if it's this week or next.

24. gigi

gigi Groupie

Apr 28, 2005

I did not hear that about ABC Primetime, if you find out when it is, please post it! Would be interested in that!

25. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Apr 28, 2005

I think it's tonight at 10:00. I just heard it has something to do with an affair Paula had with an ousted contestant. Better than a soap!

26. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Apr 28, 2005

About Paula lately, there is an article in PEOPLE that you guys should read. It puts it all in perspective. She's been dealing with chronic pain for many years and has just recently been feeling relief from it. It started from a cheerleading accident when she was younger and got worse as years went on. That's what the article said anyway.

27. gigi

gigi Groupie

Apr 28, 2005

Oh wow! That would explain it! I will have to get online and read that article. Thanks!

28. cabarlow

cabarlow Rookie

Apr 28, 2005

The scary thing is....

The scary thing is not just that Scott is still in and Constantine is out, but also that Scott beat out Anthony and Vonzel. He was not next in line to go. :eek: Now that is scary.

29. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 28, 2005

Maybe Simon should stay quiet about Scott...it always seems that the voters do opposite of Simon especially in the case of Scott.

I was SURPRISED that Scott was better than Vonzel & Anothony as well...there was no way. I think Scott would do better in a "boy" band. He can really only sing in one range and a boy band would allow him to do his part.

As for Constantine I'm glad he's gone. I think he lost some of his luster when he kept flip-flopping rocker/crooner!!!! Don't feel too bad I read his band signed a record deal before Idol, so maybe he'll go back to that.

The Primetime special according to TV guide.com is on May 4th at 10:00pm!!!

Paula stuff...
    http://movies.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=189485

http://movies.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=188753

30. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Apr 28, 2005

I think that the Primetime Special is all a ploy to lessen the ratings of AI. It's a rival broadcasting station and they are probably hurting for better ratings, especially during the time AI is on. I think it will do the opposite and make the ratings go up due to controversy. As they always say, there isn't any such thing as bad publicity. It always has a reverse affect. As for Corey Clark, he's a piece of garbage for telling lies if they aren't true.

PS: I am also glad Constantine is gone. He just isn't an "idol" type to me. I get creepd out when he looks into the camera. I like Bo! I want him to win. He's a natural. I like Carrie's voice but I'd really like to see a rocker, guy win. Bo is unique.

31. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Apr 28, 2005

Anything to sell a book, right? I wonder why they didn't do a wildcard pick like they usually do on AI?

32. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Apr 28, 2005

33. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Apr 28, 2005

Really. Because if that is an issue, Scott has a record as well.

34. gigi

gigi Groupie

Apr 29, 2005

I agree, this is all rubbish! But ABC hooked me, I will watch to see what this is all about. I think Idol fans will continue to vote for their favorite. Bo was upfront right from the beginning, all in his favor. I still want him to win!

35. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Apr 29, 2005

I agree. My votes are for Carrie and Bo.

36. gigi

gigi Groupie

Apr 30, 2005

Last Night A & E had biographies on Paula and Simon. I only watched a small part of Paula's as it was late. But, I am glad I did as it explained her accidents, etc., and why she is on meds. It explains a lot as I said, I was wondering what was wrong with her.

37. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 30, 2005

Does anyone watch Apprentice? Who do you think will win it? I think Kendra is the best of the 3 remaining.

38. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Apr 30, 2005

I agree! Kendra has what it takes. She has an education. She is creative, hard-working, professional, and tough. Kendra really showed what she is made of when she was in the group with the mother and the black guy, making the brochure for the Pontiac car. I could not believe that the other two just left her on her own so that they could go to SLEEP! They should have been fired for that! Instead, Tana went to the presentation and acted like everthing was her idea.

I thought that the reward for Kendra and her co-worker (can't think of his name) on this task was funny. She literally "shot him down."

39. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Apr 30, 2005

Does anyone watch "Survivor?" Who do you think will win? I think that the tribe missed their opportunity to vote out Tom, when he did not get immunity this week. Stephanie was a big contender, but Tom would have been a wiser choice to get rid of this week. Tom (then Ian) seems to be the top contender to win the million bucks.

40. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 30, 2005

I love Survivor, too. Yes, Tom and Ian are very strong - and none of the remaining women are. Strange group.