Reality shows

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by diggerdeb, Mar 25, 2005.

1. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2005

Labs,
    I said the same thing to my hubby...why Brook Burke and not Carmen...maybe he wanted to do something on his own.

Jen, From what I saw of Brat Camp it looked like those kids needed to get moving!!!!

Scholar Finale is tonite!!! I wonder who will win!!!

2. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Jul 20, 2005

Diznee,
    A little excitement at the Big Brother house last night, eh? I hope Michael goes tomorrow and Janelle the next week! I like Eric, but he's a bit of a drama king. And Ivette...do you think she can actually form a complete sentence without being bleeped? My oh my!! Rock star was good. Dave in fur made our own extreme humidity more unbearable-Ha!

3. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2005

I didn't get to see much of Big Bro last nite.... Janelle looked shocked though.

Rock star I think that guy I think Neal that sand Summer of 69 will be leaving!!! I thought he did awful...he's no Bryan Adams!!!

4. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Jul 20, 2005

Ok what happened to Michael ?? Did he do something to one of the Girls, I came in late because of the presidents address and saw everyone screaming about sexual harassment?? what really happened??
    I wish they would have casted one older person this season because they added a bit of variety, it seems like everyone in the hose could be right out of a faternity or soroity. But I still love the show !

5. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Jul 22, 2005

Yahoo! Michael is gone on Big Brother. Did they say he was European? I think Eric might have a problem with Kaysar as HOH. What about that segment on Holly from last year? She's a piece of work!

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 22, 2005

I hated Holly last year and didn't even like watching her for 1 minute last night. I kind of think Michael got a raw deal. He wasn't that bad. I'm not too fond of Beau or Ivette. But they need to keep the controversy going. Rachel seems to be very smart.

7. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jul 25, 2005

Did anyone watch Big Brother last night? I was surprised that Kaysar put up Maggie. I thought he would but up Ivette. The more people that leave the more interesting the show becomes.

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 25, 2005

I think he put up Maggie because he knows she is partners with Eric and he wanted to stir things up.

9. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Jul 25, 2005

Absolutely!

10. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jul 26, 2005

I missed Hell's Kitchen tonight because my friend was late meeting me to go out to eat. (And they say women are slow!) Who went home?

11. Margo

Margo Devotee

Jul 26, 2005

Jessica. Don't miss next week. Final episode - all the old ones come back.

12. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Jul 28, 2005

Rock Star was great last night. I dug out my old INXS cds and am loving it! I wonder who will go home on Big Bro? I'm betting on Eric, although that show is notorious for surprises.

13. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jul 28, 2005

Thanks, Margo!!

14. sbtellmann

sbtellmann Companion

Jul 28, 2005

Anyone else LOVE Brat Camp? I've watched it every week. It's great!

15. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jul 28, 2005

I love it... watched the first 2 weeks... taped last night's but haven't gotten a chance ot watch it yet. Hopefully tonight. ;)

16. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Aug 10, 2005

Ok, I started watching Rock Star and am now digging it! It took awhile for me to gain interest, but now I love to listen to them all. I don't like that Jessica chick though. She can't take criticism very well. I don't care for Deanna either. However I DO like Jordis, Marty, and Mig.

Have to watch Brat Camp tonight. I can't believe some of those things that come out of their mouths. It makes my jaw drop and head shake. That one girl is such a spoiled brat...I forgot her name...Jada, that's it. When you listen to her parents talk you understand why she is the way she is...can you say "spoiled rotten"!!! DUH! They wonder why she's like that. Rich mommy and daddy spoil her to death and don't give her responsibility! I can't stand parents like that.

17. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Aug 11, 2005

I like Susie, Jordis, and Mig. I think Marty might win, although I think he's a bit scarey! What do you think the chances are that they'll pick a girl!? Did ya vote?

18. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Aug 11, 2005

I just like Jordis's voice a lot and she has that rocker image. I loved the song she did last week and I still have it in my head. If she realeased that song on a single, I'd buy it. I actually like it better than David Bowie's and Nirvana's versions.

I like Marty because he writes his own music, plays guitar, and is overall talented. He doesn't "just sing". I like Mig because he can sing AND he has that irresistable vulnerable personality. He's sweet and so very cute. Oh, and that accent!!!

I didn't vote though. I will start soon though, but I'll do it online.

19. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 11, 2005

I agree Jordis is great...my husband likes her. I think she looks like she belongs in the band The 4 Non Blondes (remember them in the 1990s).

I don't know who they'll pick.

20. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Aug 11, 2005

Didn't they all have dreadlocks? I remember them. I liked their music when it was around. A few of them are still songwriters for other artists. One of them wrote the song 'Beautiful' for Christina Aguilera (I forgot her name though).

21. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 11, 2005

I'm not sure if they all did, but I know the lead singer did!!!
    Yup the lead singer helped with Beautiful & I think something with Pink as well.

Who will they boot on Big Bro tonite!!!

22. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2005

Who did leave Big Bro this week!!!

I missed it!

23. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 13, 2005

Sarah
    Kaysar came back!!!

24. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Aug 15, 2005

I was so disappointed that Kaysar came back. Has anyone seen the extra INXS on VH1? It's great!

25. karlyn

karlyn Rookie

Aug 18, 2005

I like reality TV.. for the most part. I watch many of the top ones.. some news ones I've recently tuned into that are pretty decent are Hogan Knows Best and Celebrity Fit Club.. and I'm real curious about Danny Bonaduce's new show "Being Bonaduce". I wonder what that will be like?

26. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 18, 2005

labs, we've watched the Inxs on Vh1!!!!

27. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Aug 18, 2005

I watched the Celebrity Fit Club the first time around and just started watching it this season. It's alright, but not one of my favorites. I can't stand Jackee' (or however you spell it). She's so diva-ish it's irritating. I am also curious about Danny's Bonaduce's show.

I've been watching the VH1 show of Rock Star too. I still don't like Jessica. I don't think she has star quality. She just seems so uncomfortable on stage, like it doesn't come naturally-it's forced. The show the other night really showcased Mig. After that performance I really started to like him more. And he's just so gosh darn adorable. What did you all think of Marty's Britney Spears song? I thought it was creative.

I don't like Kaysar either (Big Bro). He's so manipulative and controlling. I know it's all how you play the game, but if that's what he's like in real life, I wouldn't want to meet him. I'm not sure who I'd like to see win yet. Isn't James such a big whiner!!!???

28. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 18, 2005

Has anyone been watching So You Think You Can Dance? It's stupid but I like it anyway.

29. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Aug 26, 2005

I am really enjoying INXS! That Mig is so adorable! Did anyone else love his rendition of "Baby, I Love Your Way"? It left me a alittle weak in the knees.

30. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2005

Me too!!! He's so lovable you just want to squeeze him! I even liked his original song. I think he's the one I'm rooting for. I'm so glad Jessica is gone. I'm starting to like Suzie's voice a little more. I like Jordis, but I think she was really bad doing Dream On. GO MIG!