Reality shows

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by diggerdeb, Mar 25, 2005.

1. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

Mar 25, 2005

I remember someone posting a web site to get more info on...

Amazing RaCE (MY FAVORITE) :love:

American Idol

etc.etc.

Where is that site? Does anyone know? :eek:

3. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Mar 25, 2005

Sorry, I don't know where the site is. But, I also love Amazing Race. I get a kick out of Rob and Amber. They (especially Rob) really knows how to play the game!

4. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

Mar 25, 2005

Rob is amazing-How does he get people to be on his side?

I'm cheering for the POW and beauty queen but I don't expect them to win.

5. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Mar 25, 2005

As for Rob - He is too cute and that smile is so mischievous! I'll bet he was a handful when he was in junior high and high school.

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 25, 2005

I love Rob and Amber, too. The two brothers are pretty funny.

I am hooked on lots of reality shows - AI, Apprentice, Survivor, Amazing Race.

7. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Mar 25, 2005

CBS.com has the "official" show sites, but I'm guessing you were looking for more of a "fan" site? That I don't have...

I love Survivor and Amazing Race... but I'm ready for Rob and Amber to get off the show... although watching everyone else's snimosity towards them is fun. ;) I just don't like Rob's ego!

8. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

Mar 26, 2005

You're right. It is a site that has all the "gossip" from all the shows

I remember looking up the info on the teacher that was on My Big Fat Obnoxios Fianece (Sorry, I can't spell it:)

9. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 26, 2005

I asked my niece because she keeps up with all the shows even though she can't watch them. The site she uses is http://www.realitytvplanet.com/
    Hope it helps! :)

10. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

Mar 28, 2005

Thank you.
    I went to that site but the last update was Summer 2004.

Thanks anyway!

11. gigi

gigi Groupie

Mar 29, 2005

I love American Idol, and a few other Fox shows. Last evening I was flipping through the channels and caught Nanny 911. Has anyone seen this? I was shocked at the behaviour of the parents and the children. Now I see where some of our classroom behaviour comes from.

12. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Mar 29, 2005

Gigi, I agree completely abou Nappy 911, as well as ABC's version, Supernanny... it's appalling!!! These people honestly have no idea that what they're doing isn't good, isn't working, etc... it's amazing... they caall in the Nanny, and then they complain that she wants them to change things... duh!!!

13. gigi

gigi Groupie

Mar 29, 2005

I watched and thought, why did they call the Nanny to come in if they weren't going to be receptive to her ideas and rules? That woman has the patience of a saint! During the episode I watched last night the child spat on the Nanny, more than once! I was shocked and disgusted. I have been spat on by a child and it is not something I wish to have repeated! YUCK. This Nanny never missed a beat or lost her cool. I wanted to shake her hand.

14. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Mar 29, 2005

I missed Nanny 911 last night and forgot to record it. That show just amazes me. NOW the world knows how a few of my students act in my room. All you older members remember my wild child saga from last year. I wish Nanny 911 or Supernanny could get ahold of that family. I think they would have to cancel the show due to the fact that it would be the family (CHILD) that they just could NOT convert. I'm not exaggerating either. Some people I've talked to do not think it is real... staged etc. NOPE. That mess does go on. I have proof... lol and that is bad.

NOW... for a more positive note...

AMERICAN IDOL TONIGHT!!!

OHHHHHHHH did anyone watch THE BACHELOR last night? I missed it too. I had a meeting last night. Charlie is the brother of the guy that plays "Woody" on CROSSING JORDON... Jerry O'Donald (O'Donnell?)

Lori

15. sdhudgins

sdhudgins Comrade

Mar 29, 2005

I really like American Idol but it's the only "reality show" that I get into.

16. gigi

gigi Groupie

Mar 29, 2005

I really like American Idol also, it is a standard with my teenage daughter and myself to sit together and watch. Her favorite judge is SIMON. It is something we plan to do on Tuesday nights together. Now that I have discovered Nanny 911 I may watch that too! I don't know if it's "staged" or not, but you cannot convince me it is after being in the classroom with some of the same behaviour.

17. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 29, 2005

Lori - who's your favorite on AI?

18. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 29, 2005

The new bachelor, Charlie O'Connell was on sliders with his brother for a while. I missed AI tonight, how did it go?

19. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 30, 2005

I thought the girls were better than the guys last night. Carrie was awesome, Vonzell did really well. Jessica was just ok (I mean, awwwrrriight, dawg).

20. gigi

gigi Groupie

Mar 30, 2005

I thought Constintine and Bo were good also, they are certaintly not the "norm" for Idol and that is good to see I think. I did not care for Scott's performance. We will see tonight who goes!

21. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 30, 2005

I don't like Scott himself, but I have to admit, he's got a good voice. I'm wavering between Bo, Anwar (sp), and Anthony. I didn't see last night, but so far the guys have really outshined the girls. I'm just glad Mikala is gone!

22. sdhudgins

sdhudgins Comrade

Mar 30, 2005

oh me to on the mikayla thing!!!!
    I like BO.. I think Anwar is gonna be in the bottom three this week, same for Anthony (my other pick to go is Nikko) none of the guys have been eliminated but some of them didn't do so well last night! They all did well, but some just didn' do as well as others.
    I kind of like Scott... as long as I keep reminding myself I'd never go to a concert so all I should really think about is his voice, and he has a gorgeous voice!!

I think Bo or Carrie will take it, though Vonzell is sneakign in there.. I think she'd been holding back.

23. gigi

gigi Groupie

Mar 30, 2005

For some reason I don't think Nikko will go. Anwar and Anthony will be in the bottom 3 tonight I think. I loved Mario, and was so sorry to see him leave. I think he had a real shot at winning.
    I wonder why we all did not like Mikayla? Other than she sounds like Fran Dressel? She lasted longer than I thought she would.

24. sdhudgins

sdhudgins Comrade

Mar 30, 2005

teehee so glad I"m not the only one who thought she sounded like Fran Dressel!!!

25. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 30, 2005

I watched The Amazing Race last night and turned it off after the show. Today someone told me that there were two episodes on back-to-back. Does anyone know what happened on the second one?

26. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 30, 2005

The brothers wrecked their car, they were fine, but the camera man was injured (said at the end that he would be ok). They were 2nd, everyone but Rob and Amber stopped to see if they were ok. They ended up last to the last road block and in a foot race with the couple that dated off and on (can't remember their names). The brothers barely beat them out. The couple was eliminated from the race.

27. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 30, 2005

Oh - the couple, Deana and someone? Or the couple with the ex POW and beauty queen?

28. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Mar 30, 2005

Anwar from AI teaches about 10 minutes from where I live so it would be nice to see him do well, but I thought Carrie was great last nigt.

29. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 30, 2005

Upsadaisy - Deana and the jerk are the ones gone. The exPOW and the beauty queen came in 1st

Jessica is the one going home from AI

30. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 30, 2005

Thanks, Christy. Yes, I watched AI tonight and was very relieved that Anwar stayed.

31. gigi

gigi Groupie

Mar 31, 2005

I thought Carrie was better than some of the others that stayed, like Scott. He didn't do well the Tuesday night I thought. On the upswing, these kids have had a lot of exposure and I am sure will do well.

32. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Mar 31, 2005

I'm hoping Jessica will come back as a wild card pick! Scott and Anwarr both should have gone before her. In Ar, I love Rob and Amber! I am so glad that idiot Ray went home. He's a slug!

33. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Mar 31, 2005

AR-

Rob and Amber need to GO... they've had their 5+ minutes of fame, now it's time for them to go.. Rob just annoys me... c'mon, everyone else stopped to at least make sure the other team was OK... and he's all "it's a race?" C'mon... it's a race, it's also about people. I really like the old couple. ;)

34. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Mar 31, 2005

He said more than "It's a race." He said he certainly didn't wish anyone any harm. He's a great player, in my oppinion. He's playing to win, and if they win again.. that's life.

35. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Mar 31, 2005

I can certainly see how Rob would annoy you, clarnet. But, this guy is a game player, whether it was Survivor or Amazing Race. He is out to win and he knows how to play the game. He uses his wits, charm, and strategy. I am glad that the "dating on and off" pair is gone. I hate it when the team fights between themselves. They need to learn teamwork in order to win! I also love the older couple. They work together and respect each other.

36. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

Apr 1, 2005

It was Deanna and guy who was always fighting with her.

37. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

Apr 1, 2005

By the way,
    when the brothers flipped the car-
    Rob and Amber were the only ones who didn't stop to make sure they were OK.
    I liked them but I'm quickly changing my mind.

38. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Apr 1, 2005

Yes, it would have been nice if they had stopped, but you know they edit these programs. I'm sure if it had looked like they needed assistance, they would have. He's a smart, fierce competitor. Let's not forget how kind and respectful they are to the locals. The rest of the teams didn't like them before they even got started! At least they work together in a kind and loving way. I hope they win. If not, I'm cheering for the brothers. We're having a blast debating this in our faculty lounge.

39. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Apr 1, 2005

I like Bo and Carrie.

I used to like Anthony, but he seems to be going down hill or something.

I was rather shocked to see Jessica go. I figured it would have been Nadia or Anthony.

Lori

40. glitzern02

glitzern02 Companion

Apr 1, 2005

I'm a huge American Idol fan. My roommate and I watch it every Tuesday and Wednesday night. I hated to see Jessica go this week!! I thought it would have been a good competition with her and Carrie in the end....oh well. I honestly thought it was going to be Anthony or Scott leaving. I have a good feeling about Carrie for this season. She is awesome! She can't mess anything up and she seems so natural up on stage. I'm predicting that she'll win. :)

41. gigi

gigi Groupie

Apr 5, 2005

Did anyone catch Nanny 911 last night on Fox? It never ceases to amaze me how arrogant the parents can become, and they are the ones who ask for the help? In this episode, the Mom was really questioning Nanny's methods and fought her every step of the way. These kids had a tv in their bedroom and would only go to bed if it was on. They wouldn't stay in their beds and usually ended up in their parents room. They were 5 and 6 years old! One of the daughters threw a glass of water on her mom! Constant hitting and yelling, I don't know how these parents lived like that for so long.