Reality Dinner/Fantasy Dinner

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Hoot Owl, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Mar 6, 2008

What are you really having for dinner tonight, and what would be your fantasy dinner?

I'm probably going to have a 6" roast beef Subway tonight, but I'd rather have some real food like a med. rare filet, Ceasar salad, baked potato, poached pears in caramel sauce, with a good glass of red wine, Merlot.

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 6, 2008

We'll probably have a "take and bake" meat lovers pizza from Costco and a bagged Ceasar salad.

I'd love to have: roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy, yorkshire pudding, glazed carrots, chocolate cheesecake and a couple of glasses of red wine.

4. carlea

carlea Comrade

Mar 6, 2008

I'm visiting my parents, so we'll probably have Carrow's or Millie's (we had IHOP last week :)).

If I could eat all of this, I'd have all of my favorites: My mom's Thanksgiving stuffing, homemade chicken strips, & taquitos; fried mac n cheese from Cheesecake Factory; some broccoli; and for dessert...and Oreo Pizookie from BJs. Or a bite of every cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory. OK now I'm hungry and PB&J just doesn't sound so great anymore!!!

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 6, 2008

Tonight probably having a salad & one of those meatless patties.

I'd rather be having Chinese food. I haven't had it in months & it's my favorite especially from a place called Panda Inn or PF Chang's China Bistro.

6. January_Violet

January_Violet Comrade

Mar 6, 2008

Had: 3 Chicken Wings, green beans and soda

In my mind: Combo Fajitas from Papasitos (yum)

7. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Mar 6, 2008

hhmmmmm.

Real dinner - homemade chicken soup, which I do love.

Fantasy dinner - crab legs, salad, sourdough bread, wine! Favorite meal. Yum.

8. cosmoteach

cosmoteach Rookie

Mar 6, 2008

Real dinner- I tried a new recipe and it bombed! My husband and son tried to be nice, but it was really bad!

Fantasy dinner- Anything from a good restaurant at this point. I wouldn't have the prep work or the clean up after and I know it would be good. Sorry, after tonight's failure, I would take anything besides cooking here!

9. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Mar 6, 2008

What was your new recipe?

10. cosmoteach

cosmoteach Rookie

Mar 6, 2008

It was from one of Rachel Ray's cookbooks (usually I love her stuff). It was a pasta dish with saffron and artichokes. I am bummed because saffron is so expensive and I wasted that. This meal was SO bland. I tired to follow the recipe exactly, but maybe I goofed...I don't know!

11. bakingdiva

bakingdiva Companion

Mar 7, 2008

I love to watch her show, but I never like her recipes and I've tried 15-20. They always taste BLAH and it always takes more than 30 minutes!

12. cosmoteach

cosmoteach Rookie

Mar 7, 2008

That makes me feel better! I agree- her show is great. But, her recipes always take me more than 30 minutes!

13. bakingdiva

bakingdiva Companion

Mar 8, 2008

Good, it's just not me! I figured I was just slow, but it still po's me that it ends up taking longer than she says...