RealAge?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by bonneb, Jun 26, 2008.

1. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jun 26, 2008

Have any of you taken the Real Age test at their site? I took mine yesterday and it was pretty sad. But, forewarned is forearmed right? So I am making changes to get my real age closer to my chronological age, by

adding those healthful foods to my diet - spinach, watermelon, strawberries, more fish, tomato juice

getting it together with my exercise - Curves, here I come!

and hopefully losing the 25 lbs. I have gained since losing 100 lbs 4 years ago

Anyone interested in taking the test? Go to their site. It is really a great website.

3. AngelM

AngelM Rookie

Jun 26, 2008

I just did this within the past 2 weeks. I had seen the Oprah show with Dr. Oz and the other doctor who created the test. It was very interesting. I came within 3 months of my biological age . . . slim margin :)

All of those questions about eating habits, exercise, etc., can you make you paranoid and self conscious though, you know?? :haha:

4. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Jun 26, 2008

I took it and came up 2 years younger than my real age!!! Woot woot!!!

5. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jun 26, 2008

I just took it but have to wait for the results. I was doing fine until the exercise part came up!

6. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jun 26, 2008

I was 2 years younger than my real age too :) It did say that I needed to lose weight and that my exercise wasn't strenuous enough :down: IT also suggested that I cut down on red meat. I thought that 2X per week was pretty good (usually 1 time lean ground beef and one time grilled meat), but they were suggesting once a week or less:confused:

7. TeacherMJ

TeacherMJ Comrade

Jun 26, 2008

I've taken this test before, but this time my age was 4 years under my actual age! :) Although my suggestions were to have a bigger social network and to work out more. I suppose while I've been back in school I've been a little busy :lol: I'll try to fit those in my "free time"! One day I'll have free time...

8. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jun 27, 2008

I've taken it several times. I'm always over my actual age. Guess I should listen to it and my husband & actually lose those extra 10 lbs. & excerise.

9. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Jun 27, 2008

What is the website?

10. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jun 27, 2008

I took it and it said I was dead! :confused: :woot: :down:

11. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Jun 27, 2008

It put me at one year older. Because of my migraines. And it says I need more cardio in my workouts

12. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jun 27, 2008

13. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jun 27, 2008

haha Irishdave! Where did they get you?

Good for all of you who are testing under your chron. age! I think it gets more challenging as you get older and your bad habits get ingrained.

14. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Jun 27, 2008

The darn cell phone use hurt me, and not enough fitness and strength training, but I am two years under my actual age!!

The Wii said that I am THIRTEEN years older!!!! Darn balance portion. The Wii fit said I am 9 years older. Yikes!

15. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jun 27, 2008

I did it again today. I did better but a couple of health issues make me older. I take medication for those issues, and they are usually not a problem, until my stress level kicks up.

16. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jun 27, 2008

I just did it and apparently have to wait an hour before I get the results...I'll be sitting at the computer in anticipation! hehe. :)

17. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jun 27, 2008

While you are waiting, have some strawberries and do some leg lifts! Buckle your seatbelt and stay off the cell phone while driving!

Can you believe, I got brownie points for wearing a seatbelt at all times, not smoking (of course), staying off my cell phone while driving, not riding with drunk drivers, and eating lots of almonds!

I got knocked down because of my aversion to exercise - changed as of yesterday! - my recent weight gain, my stress level and POOR SOCIAL NETWORK! sheesh! At the end of the day I want to hide, and now they tell me that is not good for my health.

I also got points for having my sweet puppy!

18. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jun 27, 2008

Hey bonneb -
    We're your social network!

19. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jun 28, 2008

Hmmmm... I have to disagree here. Apparently, I'm older because I do not own a dog. Well, I own a rabbit who makes me extremely happy. I'm an animal lover, but I do not have any interest in owning a dog. So, how does that makes me older?

20. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jun 28, 2008

:D

Realage=23.4 (younger by about 2 and a half years)
    Wii fit= 27 (older by about 1 and a half years)

I think it's the whole balance thing. I'm weak! :D When I first did the wii fit, I was a LOT older.

21. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jun 28, 2008

Calendar age - 25.8
    RealAge - 26.8

Only 1 year older than I should be...hey I'm happy with that!! :)
    I agree about the animal thing Peachy. I put dog and other cuz I also have a fish. But apparently I wouldn't be as happy with just the fish? haha, whatever! :)

22. each1teach1

each1teach1 Cohort

Jun 28, 2008

Calendar age- 22.2
    RealAge- 22.1

So my RealAge is slightly younger. But it would have been much younger but I'm unemployed (which means I have financial stress until my check from my new job kicks in in September), I recently had a death in the family, and I don't really care for exercise. It also says I should buy a bigger car for more protection while driving but I don't see how that would help my financial stress. lol.

23. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 28, 2008

Calendar age-27
    RealAge-24

Not bad. I think the only reason why its less is because I've recently started exercising regularly and working out hard!

24. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jun 28, 2008

I just took it -- I have to wait an hour for the results. I'm sure the RealAge will be about 107!

25. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jun 28, 2008

I am ten years old according to Real Age. I got knocked down for living alone, not having a dog, and taking too much medicine. But if I didn't take the medicine I would be dead so I think they are being unfair:)

26. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jun 28, 2008

Okay, I'm 3.6 years older according to RealAge than I really am. I can live with that. Because of my disability, I am VERY limited in what kind of exercise I can do -- and there is no way to account for that on this test -- so the results don't surprise me too much.